• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: HID Elephant II w/ Next Generation Solarc - SOLD

Flipside

Enlightened
Due to unforseen circumstances, I am offering for sale this Mac / Five Mega creation originally offered here.

The only difference is that what I am offering here has been upgraded to include the Next Generation Solarc light engine that puts out a regulated 1000L at 14W. In other terms, it lights up my neighbor's house - over one block away. Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide beam shots, but the LOP reflector makes for a very smooth beam at very long distances.

The ballast will accept inputs between 9 and 16 volts, so AW's cells, or emolis or A123's will work just as well. With the sale, I will include (4) A123 System 18650 cells and the dummy cell (for use with 3x AW cells or emolis) that was included originally.

This offering is in pristine condition. No scratches, dings or chips. It looks just like the pictures in the link above - my camera / photography skills are no match for that presentation.

Shipping to the purchaser is included in the lower 48 United States. All other locations - including international - are at the buyers expense. PayPal is accepted at the sell price + 3%.

SOLD

Last edited:

Flipside

Enlightened
Bill,

It'll be on the little brown truck to you tomorrow...

I just charged up the batteries, so you should be good to go when you put them in. Get ready to :D.

The light has arrived safely and is, in fact, as beautiful as the picture. The replacement of the 10 w Solarc with the new 14 w is nicely done and the beam is outstanding. My only hid comparison is with the Polarion. Both lights are very effective at 200 meters. The differences in preliminary testing are that the Polarion throws a much wide swath of light (as would be expected) and that the Solarc ramps up much more slowly. I assume that another difference might be that the Solarc, like most hids, cannot be switched on an off quickly, whereas the Polarion can.

In general, this is an excellent light excellently executed by both Mac and David (Flipside), who did the installation of the 14 watt unit.

Flipside

Enlightened
The light has arrived safely and is, in fact, as beautiful as the picture. The replacement of the 10 w Solarc with the new 14 w is nicely done and the beam is outstanding. My only hid comparison is with the Polarion. Both lights are very effective at 200 meters. The differences in preliminary testing are that the Polarion throws a much wide swath of light (as would be expected) and that the Solarc ramps up much more slowly. I assume that another difference might be that the Solarc, like most hids, cannot be switched on an off quickly, whereas the Polarion can.

In general, this is an excellent light excellently executed by both Mac and David (Flipside), who did the installation of the 14 watt unit.

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you enjoy your new member of the family :twothumbs