Late-night eye candy for insomniacs like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Ahh yes, Whistler's Arc Gallery... last time I saw Whistler was a post in Cheers 'N' Jeers. His Arc Gallery is required "looking" before purchasing your first Arc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
The current LS with the click switch is about 3/4 inch longer than the old LS with the twist cap shown in those pictures. A mistake if you ask me. The twist caps are still available but apparently they are incompatible with some brands of batteries (according to arcflashlights.com web description).

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the switch packs were a necessary evil. but only until the ls4 come out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

very nice pictures indeed!

where had whistler been anyway? someone mail him with a link to this page and let him no we care /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

N162E

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
the switch packs were a necessary evil. but only until the ls4 come out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In what way is the LS-4 supposed to resolve the "Necessary evil" evil switch situation.

Tomas

Banned
The LS4 will still not be as compact as my Arc LS Hybrid, nor will it be as quick and easy to operate.

Many technological devices simply keep getting more and more complex for the user simply because they can.

A wonderful example is the current crop of full-color, picture-taking, web-browsing, e-messaging, music-playing cellphones.

All I want is an ultra-reliable cellphone that works as a telephone - I.E. originates and receives voice calls. My service provider (SPRINT PCS) doesn't even offer a "simple" phone, and neither does my mother's (VERIZON).

Heck, my mother NEEDS a simple phone - she has it to make voice calls, only, and the one she has is too complex - it's always ending up in some sort of cellphone never-never-land. Why can't a 77 year old lady get a phone that just makes phone calls? *sigh*

It seems that most companies that make high-technology products forget that not everyone wants/needs every possible feature. They stop making the really simple products and only produce increasingly complex derivitives.

Oops! Sorry! One of my buttons got pushed again. Creeping Featurism is the bane of modern technology marketing.

I'll shut up for awhile (my phone is trying to tell me something, I think).

tomsig02.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whistler also has other lights on his website and a cool dissertation on homemade rechargeable 123's w/pics.

Whistler's flashlight pages

I love the LS1 with twistie, it looks like an atom bomb prototype from WWII ! I wish I'd have known about them back when you could still get em new.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the new ls4 will be smaller than with the krolls, and nicer too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I like the kroll switch on my LSH-P it makes the light just long enough to fit in my huge hand, offers the quick momentary illumination that I usually need.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsg, i agree! with the old twistie cap i found it rather unwieldy. not to mention repeated twistings of the tailcap would gunk up the threads with the black residue that i would have to clean up every once in a while. not only will the threads get slowly worn down, the battery can get crushed if too much torque is applied. with the new TSP, i can hold and use the LSH-P like a surefire and minimal maintenance is required /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.