ex10 turns itself on?

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
whenever i use my ex10 for more than a few seconds, long enough that it gets warm to the touch, and i drop it into my pocket it turns itself back on. has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix?

thanks,
notsobrite

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
Try expanding the gap in the brass contact ring in the head.

if you mean try adjusting the head tightness, i've tried it loose, tight, semi-loose, semi-tight, and everywhere in between and it either turns itself on or it won't turn on at all. if that's not what you meant, please explain it as if you're talking to a six year old:)

thanks for the reply,
notsobrite

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of battery are you using? If you are a rechargable cell other than an AW brand cell, you might have a rechargable that is a bit too long. If that is the case, the tailswitch might be making contact too easily when you pocket the light.

If you are using a regular primary, I can't imagine what is causing the problem. Contact 4Sevens. Perhaps they can help.

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
What kind of battery are you using? If you are a rechargable cell other than an AW brand cell, you might have a rechargable that is a bit too long. If that is the case, the tailswitch might be making contact too easily when you pocket the light.

If you are using a regular primary, I can't imagine what is causing the problem. Contact 4Sevens. Perhaps they can help.

i'm using surefire primaries. i tried spreading the bronze ring and it seems to have helped but the action now seems a little sticky. anyone know if i can use lithium based grease on it?

thanks,
notsobrite

brucec

Enlightened
It sounds like a sticky piston ring. Disassemble the entire head by removing the bezel ring. Then you can oil the main piston spring. My guess is that the piston ring is getting stuck and not fully extending. Then when you give it a slight shock by putting it into your pocket, it pops back out.

HeathS

Newly Enlightened
Mine comes on if I set it down hard on its tail (so I tend not to sit it down hard). It doesn't come on in my pocket, but it had problems of not turning off and similar problems when I first bought it. It seemed that using silicon spray to lube the thing had something to do with it. When I wiped down the lube it worked fine, and if I over sprayed the lube, it seemed to have electrical issues. I use the smaller AW rcr123 battery. I do love the light, but it took some effort to get it working smoothly -adjusted the spring and tried a few different o-rings and lubes until it was just right.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm using surefire primaries. i tried spreading the bronze ring and it seems to have helped but the action now seems a little sticky. anyone know if i can use lithium based grease on it?

thanks,
notsobrite

If the bronze ring wasn't sticking before you spread it open, perhaps you spread the ring too much?