Attention: LEO's using TK11

CDPMan

Newly Enlightened
I know a few LEOs (and civilians) are looking for a good belt holder for the TK11 for use on duty. Well I ordered my TK11 and was pleasantly surprised to find that it fits perfectly in a Streamlight Strion holder that I already had! Just thought I would pass it along...

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
I was also looking for a belt carrier (not LEO). I consulted with one of the reps at www.comp-tac.com and then ordered a pepper spray carrier (for the Fox Labs 1.4 inch). It seemed like it was too big when I got it, but after tightening the tensioning scews, it works really well.

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
I took a look at the holster you mentioned ... do you have to remove the ring around the body of the light (that allows you to use the Rogers Technique) to get it slide into it?

The carrier I got carries the light lens down, so when you grab it, it's in your hand the way you'd want to use it.

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
I also prefer bezel down carry for my TK11. I ordered a blade-tech vertical light pouch (SKU 30010) with a tek-lok belt attechment. This holder fits the SF M2. It was alittle too big so I removed the rubber grommets, cut them in half, reinstalled them, tightened the screws and it fits perfect. In addition, I always super glue the tek-lok "key" on the back of the belt attachment so it wont fall out.

paintballdad

Enlightened
Do you guys think that the bezel down carry to be more advantageous as it is more conducive to both overhand and underhand draw from the holster?

By the way EvilPaul, that's a great sig line.

Last edited:

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
Do you guys think that the bezel down carry to be more advantageous as it is more conducive to both overhand and underhand draw from the holster?

I'm not sure I understand your question ... do you refer to which direction your hand is moving when it makes contact with the light? If that's the case, it doesn't matter to me which direction, as I want the same grip on the light each time anyway.

paintballdad

Enlightened
I'm not sure I understand your question ... do you refer to which direction your hand is moving when it makes contact with the light? If that's the case, it doesn't matter to me which direction, as I want the same grip on the light each time anyway.

Not the direction of the hand when it makes contact with the light but the way you have to pivot your wrist as you are drawing the light and then pointing it in the direction you want. Not exactly sure how to precisely describe it. Might be better if you tried to reenact the process of drawing the light in the bezel down and bezel up positions in both overhand and underhand positions. I hope that clears it up a bit.

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
IMHO, I prefer the reverse grip (tactical grip with the thumb activating the light). Without a doubt, bezel down carry on a light with a thumb switch is the fastest, easiest draw under stress.

paintballdad

Enlightened
reverse grip (tactical grip with the thumb activating the light).

I guess that's a better description of overhand grip, and after practicing imaginary draw from the holster, bezel down carry would be my choice. Thanks and you've probably heard it a millions times, STAY SAFE.

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
Not the direction of the hand when it makes contact with the light but the way you have to pivot your wrist as you are drawing the light and then pointing it in the direction you want. Not exactly sure how to precisely describe it. Might be better if you tried to reenact the process of drawing the light in the bezel down and bezel up positions in both overhand and underhand positions. I hope that clears it up a bit.

Okay ... I think I understand better now.

I've never carried a light on my belt with the lens pointed upward. All of the techniques I've learned for using a light with my pistola use an icepick type of grip with the thumb on the tailswitch, so I've always carried lens downward on my belt.

paintballdad

Enlightened
Okay ... I think I understand better now.

I've never carried a light on my belt with the lens pointed upward. All of the techniques I've learned for using a light with my pistola use an icepick type of grip with the thumb on the tailswitch, so I've always carried lens downward on my belt.

Yeah, I've never thought about it much. Most of the pistol training i've had so far didn't involve a flashlight and i've only recently EDCing a flashlight myself. Had to take this into consideration as I will be needing a flashlight holder for a low light level shooting class that i'm interested in taking. Thanks for the input and I think bezel down is the way to go. Now if I can find a bezel down holster to fit a Fenix T1.

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad to hear you're interested in low light training. I've had the good fortune to have a significant amount, mostly in 3-day pistol and carbine classes that featured night shoots. That has been compromised lately because Indiana now does daylight saving time, so it doesn't get dark enough at a reasonable hour in August (which is when I do most of my classes).

I'm not familiar with a Fenix T1, but if you want a bezel down holster for your T11, the www.comp-tac.com pepper spray carrier I mentioned earlier in this topic is working really well for me. It looks like it was designed to carry the T11. You should also be able to find something suitable at www.blade-tech.com if you ask them and let them know the head of your light is 1.35-1.40 in. in diameter.

AMkrew

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a duty holster for my tk11. I purchased a Bianchi AccuMold elite open bottom compact light holder that has awesome retention without the tactical ring mounted. It is model 7926. Part number 22095. Size 1. It was 14 bucks at the local LE supply shop. I'm very happy with it.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
We just did a group buy at my department so I played around with several different holster options to give to the guys. The Surefire V85 (newer version of the Surefire V70) fits the TK10 just fine. The V85 is much nicer because it allows the user to cant his / her light and also carries three CR123 lithiums as well. We had to remove the tactical ring and put the spacer ring on but it worked perfectly! As far as I know the TK11 has the same body as the TK10. Just something to keep in mind!

V85_large.jpg

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I forgot to mention, although I'm sure you guys probably already figured it out, the Surefire holster will allow for a bezel up carry configuration. The comp-tac would also be a high quality solution for a bezel down carry. I own a comp-tac holster for my G27 and it is NICE!!!

gifters

Newly Enlightened
Well I have a Bianchi AccuMold elite holder that I'm using now with bezel up carry. I'd prefer bezel down carry though. Everything on my duty belt is suppose to be basketweeve though, and the Comp-tac option doesn't fit the ticket... am I gonna have to break "policy" to get what I want on this one?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

gifters

Newly Enlightened
bump, help if you can, I'm thinking about taking an open top OC holster and adding some sort of material to the inside to get a tight fit on the light.