I'm glad I didn't go on a buying spree...

Coaster

Newly Enlightened
I was just poking around looking for a new pocket knife and I decided to check prices from a place I get dealer pricing. Then I got the "bright" idea to see what flashlights they carry. Turns out I can get dealer pricing on Surefire and Leupold lights among others.

I'd glad I didn't buy 4-5 Surefires then figure this out. I probably would have shed some tears :mecry:

Now to save up a little cash :whistle:

Update 11/2: This is not a group buy, and I am going to be unable to offer lights in the Marketplace. A future group by is a possibility but there is no need to say "I'm in" now in this thread.

Last edited:

Badger_Girl

Newly Enlightened
yeah, a group buy would have been nice before I became a junky and bought 5 c2's and 4 a2's

Coaster

Newly Enlightened
I guess I need to learn the Surefire model numbers better now. It's just really confusing to me since they sell so many lights that on the surface seem to have nearly identical features.

I'd really like to see some beamshots of the Leupolds before I'd be willing to drop the cash on one of them.

Coaster

Newly Enlightened
While I'd be in favor of doing a group buy it would be a pretty complex thing. I'd have 50 people who want to order different lights that are all subject to being in stock at my supplier. I have a feeling it would be a mad house.

I'm also not sure at what point I'd be subject to Surefires pricing policies.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
"It's a madhouse" C. Heston From The Planet of the Apes.

Actually, I don't own a Surefire as of yet but if something can be worked out I would be all for it.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'd be in favor of doing a group buy it would be a pretty complex thing. I'd have 50 people who want to order different lights that are all subject to being in stock at my supplier. I have a feeling it would be a mad house.

How about just make a quick poll to see what the majority of CPFers want and then offer JUST the top 3 or 4 choices for a group buy?

I'm sure some of us would be more than happy to help organize it for ya...

Easy...as...pie :poke: ;)

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about just make a quick poll to see what the majority of CPFers want and then offer JUST the top 3 or 4 choices for a group buy?

I'm sure some of us would be more than happy to help organize it for ya...

Easy...as...pie :poke: ;)
+1
I feel the exact same way, hopefully an L4 would be on the list.

manoloco

Enlightened
easy, people, no one asked the poster and suddenly everyone is jumping in, let the poster decide, because i imagine its going to be a nightmare, and nobody wondered if he would be in trouble for doing that.

that being said and if everything is ok, please let us know if you are willing to do so and your conditions, prices, etc. could i be in the group buy if that happens?. :D

A2 and L1 shold definitely be in

Coaster

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure how Surefire's pricing controls apply to me since I'm not an official dealer. There is no mention on my suppliers website about price controls and they are being sold at dealer prices presumably for resale. This is why I'm not mentioning where I'm getting the lights from, other than they are a reputable US based supplier who deals mainly in items other than flashlights.

I know I'm trustworthy but I wouldn't trust someone who's been around here as short of a time as I have with the kind of $$$ we're talking about here. I'm also not comfortable taking $$ for things I don't have on hand, that's just me though.

So here's the deal. I'd like to take a poll of what lights people are looking to buy. I'll then order a couple lights at a time and offer them in the marketplace as very gently used. The lights will have been un-boxed, tested for functionality, maybe reviewed, and put back in the original packaging with all included accessories.

Maybe after I have some experiance at this I'll setup a group buy if something new and cool comes out that everyone wants. :thumbsup:

If any of the people who have done several flashlight reviews want a Leupold to review please PM me and we'll work out getting you one as cheaply as possible. This offer is only open to people I consider prominent reviewers. If you've only written 1 review and don't have a light meter please don't pile on me :nana:.