Isn't 20 old enough?

ewick

Enlightened
Isn\'t 20 old enough?

And no, this has nothing to do with streaming video. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Sorry.

You may have already seen this, but...
The last sentence is my favorite.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

http://www.msnbc.com/local/kitv/a1595699.asp

Any thoughts on how this relates to our new anti-terror laws, and the future of our security as a nation?

Greta

Flashaholic
Re: Isn\'t 20 old enough?

[ QUOTE ]
ewick said:Any thoughts on how this relates to our new anti-terror laws, and the future of our security as a nation?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't relate at all and is irrelevant as far as the future of our security as a nation. It's about a stupid spoiled brat of a kid who's parents need to be slapped as well for raising such a selfish little snot. I doubt that any of the facts about this story would have been any different before September 11th. This is simply one of those stories where you shake your head and mumble "if that were my kid, I'd throw away the key"... 'course... MY kid wouldn't do something this idiotic... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah... Sounds like a spoiled b**** who doesn't know when to eat it...

How stupid can you get when you make a bomb threat so you can go home. I doubt this "woman" has ever been punished by her "parents" before...

I'd hope they let her visit anyone in jail, EXCEPT her boyfriend...

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

From the article---At a hearing Monday afternnoon, Ferguson was declared indigent, and a public defender, paid for by taxpayers, was appointed for her. ---
She was on a cruise, maybe her family did turn their back on her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened

The core problem is for people to learn that threatening to kill people, making bomb scares, etc, is not funny and will get serious attention.

I was taught way back when never to even joke about killing or hurting people. I knew in grade school that could be called "assault".

ewick

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
It doesn't relate at all and is irrelevant as far as the future of our security as a nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh!!! Please don't say that too loudly! There are people who claim that our new (and long overdue, imho) anti-terror laws are too strict, and that the rights of the individual outweigh the rights of the masses. Are these new laws necessary? Could we do without them if we enforced the laws we already have?

We have to demonstrate that this kind of behavior is a no-go. And if we can tack on a few more years to her sentence under anti-terror law, well, good for us. There's no room on the planet for someone this age who can't figure out that, joke or no joke, threatening 2,400 people like this is a bad idea.

I do think you're right about her parents. Had this lovely human being been raised to understand that no-nos are followed by spankings, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Greta

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Are these new laws necessary? Could we do without them if we enforced the laws we already have?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Yes.

It's unfortunate, however, that it took such a tragedy as September 11th to demostrate this fact to us. The new anti-terro laws, again unfortunately, give us an excuse to enforce our already existing laws. My opinion on that is... do whatever it takes.

And this was no joke or childish prank. This little girl was dead serious. She didn't want to be there and she wanted to go home. Period. Again... slap her parents.

Greta

Flashaholic

I just have to add... I wonder if when they were hauling her off in cuffs, if she looked at her parents and said, "See? Told ya I didn't wanna be come on this cruise"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

ewick

Enlightened

Well said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I'll be curious to see how her lawyer(s) and the media handle this one.