• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Help: PR base socket assembly for M@g85

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
Hello all,
I wish to remove the stock switch from my 3 "C" M@g85 and activate it using only my tail-switch. The problem is finding an aluminum PR base socket assmbly to hold my potted lamps. I prefer aluminum/metal for heat dissipation issues and use only potted lamps. (At the moment Im trying to figure out a mod to my Download "C" tower.)

Im removing the stock switch to reduce the length on my 3"C" M@g85 and get it as close to a 2"C" in length as possible. I only use "C" M@gs due to the diameter and AW "C" cells for the runime.

Can anyone help?

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much you can remove from the stock switch if you still want to keep the focusing system. And you need that screw to fix the position and get the ground too. A few mm maybe. Bi-Pin would be other story.
I would suggest:
Keep the stock switch with MagCTower, Add a MagCRing (add this little few mm for the extra length of battery), shorten the tailspring, it will fit stock Mag2C.

:)

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
Hello Download,
Thanks for the input.

I dont not use the focus system. I prefer to adjust the beam and leave it alone. (I wrap a thin rubber band around the tube threads, then install the M@g head. As I screw the head on the rubber band wedges in the threads and locks it into place where I wish. This is easy, reversable, and works well).

I also prefer to use the Modamag tail-switch. This switch adds a little length but not much.

I guess I will have to try to modify a M@g "C" tower and develope my own high-temp, PR base M@g socket without the switch. The "C" tower design is important because it handles heat so well.

Im a big fan of the PR base 1185 lamps due to the fact I think they are easier to deal with and never need adjusting after repeated drops, knocks, and/or falls. Ive dropped my M@G85 many times on duty and have never needed to align or replace it.

Off to the drawing board I guess........