Proton Pro questions

dtsoll

Enlightened
Hello folks, I have read all the reviews and most people seem to like them. My question is for those of you who have em, how are they holding up in daily use? Are you still happy with the Pro? Doug:)

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
I have been happy with mine, EDC for me.
Good runtime if you ramp down the level of light to suit your task. I put some hairspray on the reflector to get rid of the cree ring, didn't take much and blends spot to spill very nicely now.
If you need blinding light, you got it at the press of a button.
The finish is holding up better than expected too considering I carry and use it everyday.
Best UI of any multifunction light I have.
I got my first one several months ago, and it is the one I carry.
I like it so much I got a spare.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit I liked mine when I had it. Since I had a couple of pocket lights that were brighter and didn't find myself using the red LED, I sold it. I think I would have kept it if the light would have been 10-20 percent noticibly brighter. Not to say it isn't bright enough, just a personal preference.

I believe the light was very rugged and should hold up to everyday use well. Its small size is a real bonus, and mine had a very white tint.

Bill

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Both my Proton and Proton Pro are holding up quite well, and see plenty of use mostly around the house. I'd definitely buy another.

Geoff

heckboy

Enlightened
Mine has been getting pretty hard use as an EDC light in my back pocket since April. Still works fine. I tried out the warranty once (my own fault) and am happy to report the LRI does stand behind their products.

Later,
HB

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problems with mine. I still love it and recommend it for every flashaholic. Mine's survived a few expeditions and sits in my manpurse bag which gets carried around almost daily.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Been carrying mine every single day,
for the past 7 months.

Still happy with it.

Has the widest range (from bright to dim)
of any flashlight i own.

And the RedLight feature can be handy, too.

Quite a unique product.

:)
_

lukus

Enlightened
I've been carrying mine regularly for almost 2 months and haven't had a bit of a problem. I can't see any wear on the high spots yet. I'm happy enough with it I think I'll order another for back up.

I won't say it's my favorite light, I've got a couple of SFs and a milkyspit modded HDS that are my real favorites. But at $50 I won't curl up and cry like a baby if I lose it. That right there makes it my favorite EDC light.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks folks, Mine showed up today and i like it alot. It is much, much smaller than it appears in pictures. I love the user interface and it is plenty bright (we always seem to want brighter) I especially like the user interface and the range of brightness is why I bought it in the first place. I've only had it for an hour, but I am very pleased with this little gem!!! Doug:)

DualMonitors

Newly Enlightened
just got mine too but i can't figure out how to remove the clip. the instructions just said to "pull from top of clip firmly"...well, i tried that, it appears to be very very firm!

anyone else has an idea please?

thx.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Never tried to take my clip off, but I wonder if it would be easier if the cap was loosened slightly to allow a little play.

Geoff