lights that just sit and wait

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont you just love using that torch on your keyring when you really need it ands its really handy when you do use it.

I had a new guy start work with me 2 days ago and he went and dropped my crowbar (2 days old at this piont) down the cavity between the inner and outer wall below the window he had just ripped out, of course this cavity was about 7 or 8 feet deep and about 50mm wide, he had a keychain torch and was struggling to light it up so there was no way he was getting that crowbar back, os he gave up and felt guilty.

I had a go about 5 minutes later using my EX10 that rides on my keyring everyday and wow i had to turn it down a lot. I managed to hook a bungee cord around the bar and hoist it up to the aw of my new work mate.

Since then he has been interested in it but im not sure if he really is, i used it a lot today as the sun is setting pretty quick these days and he asked for a shot a few times, should i bring another torch with me tomorrow and show him it or just use it and let him ask for a shot again, it could be a bonding subject and a mate who also is into torches?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring more lights. you know that old saying 'two is one and one is none', entice him into the world of quality flashlights, i'm contemplating a D10 now that my Jet I Mk II has sorta died off on me, that may be a good place for him to start. If he balks at the price, then DX? A 5 mode Cree Q5 Ultrafire C3 with 2 x AA extension tube for $20+ sounds really reasonable doesn't it?

Reason i mentioned the Ultrafire C3 is that my single mode with 2 x AA has outlived the Jetbeam :thinking: and this is despite the fact that i dont look after the Ultrafire cos it's my rough use light with the Jetbeam in a holster or in my backpack.