• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PVD Coated La Petite Killers for Sale

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
La Petite Killer Titanium Keychain Light is now available in three PVD coatings.

Price for the PVD coated La Petite Killers is $115, which includes worldwide shipping, but no insurance.

The original, bare Titanium version, for $95, can be found here.

357-KillersStandingTrio.jpg

From left to right:
1) Hematite Black, ALTiN, but with different processing. My favorite.
1) ALTiN--Black/Purple. Strangely enough, my wife likes this best.
3) Deep Gold, a TiN coating. Very nice, for a gold.

La Petite Killer Ti Keychain light:

• Constant current driver delivers 12mA to the Nichia 5mm GS LED, bin W
  • Total length, not including split ring--less than 1"
  • Diameter of .56"
  • Custom-made silicone gasket to prevent battery movement
  • Uses any SR44/357 battery
  • Comes with a Renata 357 button battery
  • O-ring sealed for waterproofness
To order:

• Please send $115 payment via PayPal to: paycashpal (at) photonfanatic.com, for cash payment; or send to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com, for a credit card payment.
  • Include your CPF name in the notes section.
  • Indicate which color you want for your coating.
  • Indicate which mA setting you want: 12mA-Normal, or 40mA-High.
In stock for immediate shipment.

Thanks.

Last edited:

X_Marine

Enlightened
These really look nice fred.
I'm curious is there any discussion about the difference in run time between the 2 options?.

Just in time for Christmas also. :D
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Billy,

The run time for normal usage, i.e., turn the light on, open the door, shut the light off, would on the order of 7-8 hours with the 12mA driver, and most likely about 25% of that with the 40mA driver.

Unless you have a need for more lumens, the 12mA driver is fine for using La Petite as a keychain light.

But there are a lot of folks that don't mind burning through batteries, so that's why there is a 40mA option. :devil:

These really look nice fred.
I'm curious is there any discussion about the difference in run time between the 2 options?.

Just in time for Christmas also. :D
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

J Smyth

Newly Enlightened
Fred, my mini killer just showed up today! Man.........what a nice little key chain light. :thumbsup: I "WILL" be getting another one down the road. :clap:

Cheers, Jim

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey I'm very interested in this light.

I need to do more homework on it but a few quick questions:

1) How much difference is there between the brightness of the 12 vs. the 40mA drivers? Can someone point me to either comparisons or beamshots or impressions? I'm hoping to make this a necklace/neck carry light and want good runtime but am a luxwhore so love bright lights... help! (as a reference point, I own a Lummi Wee with the 100 lumen pill. I love it and it is plenty bright but the runtime is a bit short... how would this compare?)

2) Can we get it in the original Ti or are all these coated?

Thanks!

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
applevision,

Yes, the bare Ti version is still available for $95.

As for the drivers, I strongly suggest getting La Petite Killer with the 12mA driver--it is more than enough light for use as a keychain light. If you do opt for the 40mA version, then expect to need about 8-9 Renata 357 batteries over the course of the year, if you use your light for five minutes a day.

The 40mA driver was really developed for the Killer AAA, where the 800mA eneloop battery can handle the drain much better than a watch battery.

As for brightness, the 40mA version can light up a wall 15 feet away with no problem, while the 12mA would only project a hotspot of about 4-5' in diameter.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got both the 357 and the AAA versions of this light--the 357 with the 12ma driver and AAA with the 40ma and I believe that Fred's estimates are conservative--I believe they perform much BETTER than his estimates. Get this light, you will be very pleased.

Karl

mirek

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:for La Petite Killer with the 40mA driver, Hematite Black, ALTiN.

Many thanks!

mirek

Newly Enlightened
Today I received an empty envelope...

In fact, something very negligible and "petite" was resting in the bottom. Wow! My La Petite Killer arrived safe and sound! In spite I knew its size parameters, I was surprised. Perfect machining like Swiss watches :thumbsup:

I expected a little bit more brightness from 40mA driver, similar to Photon X-Light Micro, but it is probably not achievable. At least because Photon is almost twice bigger :)

lpkphx.jpg