Mysterious Package

WTH

Newly Enlightened
I thought I'd share a funny story with you guys. I run a small Internet business and today 3 of my employees came into my office with a very odd package. It was postmarked from the Netherlands, and addressed to my business.

Inside the package was no note, only a little blue bottle cap with tape around it, and an unidentifiable white substance under the tape. From the look it could be solid, liquid or powder, hard to tell. At this point some of you may know what it is, but I sure didn't!

I told them to be careful with it, take it outside and toss it in the trash. You can never be too safe. Every once in a while we receive email from a customer who seems a bit unstable (we get hundreds of emails a day so its inevitable).

Later in the day, one of the girls asks if maybe we should call the police to report the package. I said that its probably not a bad idea. So as I'm leaving a few minutes later, the girls are on the phone reporting the suspicious package to the police. As they describe the package and the contents, it finally dawns on me!

I opened the package and confirmed my assumption. Under the tape was a cotton ball, and inside were the 4 tritium tubes I ordered from CPF member B@rt.

How stupid could I be, I didn't even think about it!! And I should mention, Bart was friendly, attentive and delivered the product as advertised. No complaints from me.

Thankfully the terrorists weren't involved! :crackup:

B@rt

Flashaholic
ROFLMAO! :crackup:
The terrorist on clogs...
nathollandanetherlandswvh2.gif

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Thankfully I realized my mistake while they were on the phone with the police. We were able to cancel the dispatch before it was too late. As if its not enough, the people here know of my flashaholicism disease, that would have been a REAL embarrassment!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:

BEST story in awhile...

would make a good addition to "things ive learnt the hard way"

Crenshaw

Illum

Flashaholic
I can never look at a bottle cap the same way again without seeing the vision of it stuffed with a cotton ball and taped :ohgeez:

WTH

Newly Enlightened
:crackup:

BEST story in awhile...

would make a good addition to "things ive learnt the hard way"

Crenshaw

I'm be happy to add this somewhere else. Is that a thread in here?

Glad people are getting a kick out of it!

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL...

I knew I had a package coming in from a fellow CPF'er though. It was a padded envelope with a plastic bottle cap with same cottom ball. A the time, it was 2 emitters. :D I've also had the plastic pipe as well. :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
LOL :laughing: That's a good story. Can you imagine if the police came out to look at it and the call in a hazmat team....:crackup:

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm be happy to add this somewhere else. Is that a thread in here?

Glad people are getting a kick out of it!

old thread, could use a decent bump, a good read if you have the time

Part 1 [closed]
Part 2

don't worry, its an old but active thread...b@rt doesn't bite:nana:

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Looking at a tritium "marble" in front of me, all I can say is B@rt is too cool! I almost got to meet him in person once.

Larry

Illum

Flashaholic
Looking at a tritium "marble" in front of me, all I can say is B@rt is too cool! I almost got to meet him in person once.

Larry

I've wanted to for awhile, but seeing that I am incapable of dealing with temperature below 60F it might never become a reality:green::ohgeez: