Surefire UV LED drop-in module?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it's 3 (1-watt???) emitters, but then again pictures on fleabay aren't to be trusted usually. :rolleyes: Can't be sure if it actually drives @ 3W but the potential could be there. Seems similar looking to a DX IR module. I get the wishing for shorter wavelength.
As for lumens, lumens are a color-based measurement, they're based on human eye central 555nm yellow-green. So the lumen rating of a true UV source should be pretty low as human eyes can't see into the UV range.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I bought one of the 1-Watt UV flashlights from dealextreme. The drop-in module fits my surefires.

All the things that should fluoresce do. This one you are showing looks a bit nicer than what I have.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have purchased Drop ins for my Surefire G2 and Surefire 6P and I will never again purchase drop ins from Ebay. I will be looking at American made versions of these that have been modified with reflective lens like the Malkoff. The Ebay ones are always brighter then stock incandescent, but way over rated. I bet this drop in makes closer to 100 lumens on a good day with fresh primaries.

I was tricked into purchasing the Cree R2, Cree Q5, and Alpha G8. None have reflectors like the Malkoff drop ins. Althogh they work, get the advertised lumens and divide by 3. I wish folks were more honest. Oh, well you live and learn.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for feedback. Any other ideas where to look?
I want a powerful UV P60 drop-in module for Surefire 9P.

LEDite

Enlightened
I would question the 390nm claim.

I've been building UV lights for several years and Cree was the only 3W I've seen that was @ 395 nm.

All of the Chinese knock-offs I've tried were ~405nm.

Now that Cree has quit making the 3W UV's, the supply of good UV LEDs has disappeared.

Larry