LED Drop-In for SF A2 Aviator?

Dazed

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if the Malkoff drop-ins (or any other LED drop-in) will fit an A2 Aviator?

Thanks.

mwaldron

Enlightened
I'm going to ask the obvious question of...why?

If you want a 2-stage LED, IMO, there are many better choices than an A2 with a LED tower.

The uniqueness of the A2 is it's regulated incandescent bulb, take that away by going LED and there are really many other options for a 2 stage LED.

-Mike

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've suggested a so-called "A-MT" based on the E-MT E series dropin tower, and while I believe it's both practical and possible, most people would just get a McGizmo LunaSol for the two-stage 5mm/powerLED combination (though it actually uses the Nichia 3mm version for the low beam)

H2Orower

Enlightened
I'm going to ask the obvious question of...why?

If you want a 2-stage LED, IMO, there are many better choices than an A2 with a LED tower. The uniqueness of the A2 is it's regulated incandescent bulb, take that away by going LED and there are really many other options for a 2 stage LED.

-Mike

If you're talking specifically about the white LED Aviator, then maybe I can see your point. Afterall, an E2L could be considered a good all-LED alternative to the white A2.

But, I can understand the original posters desire for a colored LED A2 with an LED primary beam. I've expressed the same wish before in previous A2 related threads. As I've said before, I would like Surefire to make a new "A2 LED Aviator". I want the benefits of an LED primary beam for throw, along with a low Red or Green mode for nighttime operations, all in one small package that is no larger than the current A2 head.