whats your party going light?

ozner1991

Enlightened
we all know we cant always carry our edc in every situation :mecry: in cases such as weddings where you have to wear an suit or parties where you wear diffrent clothes. so im wondering what do other people carry when your not in your normal clothes?

Solis107

Newly Enlightened
i thought those things fall into the EDC catagory?

But theres 2 things u wont ever find me without when out of the house. Knife and EDC torch.

IcantC

Enlightened
I always have the E0 and E01 on my keys. If I really can't fit a light, I will slip the CL-E in my pocket. Otherwise the A2 or Z2 always rides with me. It isn't that bad in a pocket :).

Chadder

Enlightened
For me a suit is normal clothes. I always have my knife in my right front pocket and a sl microstream next to it. In my jacket I have my E1B. If I am in jeans or shorts I may have my E2DL or E1B on me.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never wear a suit to work, one of the 'perks' of my job. But when I must dress up for special occasions, my EDC matches just fine. It's my Ti PD-S in a black shark AOTH holester. The holester has just enough shine to match a black belt, though a black crocodile would look even sharper. For the days where I may end up wearing a brown belt, that's when I bust out the brown shark AOTH holester and the LunaSol27. This way, I'm covered for almost any dress scenario.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool topic!

Whenever I'm at a formal occasion where I can't carry my folder and small Surefire or Ra, I always have my lady throw them in her purse - Just had to this at a wedding last weekend.

Shes used to it enough that she will always remind me to give em to her!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I wore my SF L4 clipped to my pants pocket at a friend's wedding. The vest covered up the clip. Also had an Inova Microlight in another pocket.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
I always carry My D10 and folder with me, to school, church, weddings, partys, clubs...everywhere If a blade is seen to be unacceptable at said location I tuck it in my waist band and the shirt hides the clip.......Works for me =]

ypsifly

Enlightened
I work in catering at The Henry Ford/Greenfield Village and one of our attractions is a 19th century tavern that uses only candles during service. Last week we did a function there and the buffet line wasn't lit very well. All of the guests were in formal wear. One guy had something that had a blue 5mm led on it and he kept it clipped to his breast pocket. The problem was, food doesn't look very good under blue light. The asparagus and walnut salad looked like something from an Alien movie.:faint:

I had my G2 w/P61 on me, but I would have hated to make everyone walk back to their tables after I fried their dark adjusted eyes.

SnWnMe

Enlightened
we all know we cant always carry our edc in every situation :mecry: in cases such as weddings where you have to wear an suit or parties where you wear diffrent clothes. so im wondering what do other people carry when your not in your normal clothes?

If I can't carry it everyday then how can it be an EDC?:ironic:

tndiver13

Newly Enlightened
I always have a knife and a flashlight. I have an assorted collection of each and I have always looked at it like matching shoes and belt. Whatever looks good (or is not noticable) for the day.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kershaw Rainbow Leek in the waistband. Last time, it was a C-LE 2.0 in the left front pocket... this time, it'd either be an E2 or A2.

spectrak

Newly Enlightened
always have my t10 olight,leatherman surge, and either my g&g hawk design kershaw or my spyderco kris. i see no reason to not be prepared at all times. i find reasons daily to have all of these things with me.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on the party. :D Raven2

If it's formal wear then a chrome PD in a ray skin sheath or a chrome Jil in a LiteMania Kydex sheath or watch pocket.

-LT

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Jetbeam Jet-I IBS is rated at 130 torch lumens on 1 x AA or 225 on a 14500 LiIon. This is a seriously powerful little light and it is not hard to fit it somewhere no matter what I am wearing. I have set the output for the Mode A to be very low, so I can turn it on and not blind everyone around me or upset my night vision - it also easily gets more than 20 hours on this setting. I can always switch to Mode B (medium) or Mode C (full) if I need more light.

I have a Fenix L2D that takes 2 x AA batteries, but it is less bright and too long. It has better run time, but that doesn't matter for the occasional day to day use I have for an EDC light. I will take several lights if I am camping for a few days - but EDC has different requirements than camping.

I also have an Olight M20 that runs on 1 x 18670 or 2 x CR123 - but it is both longer & fatter than my Jetbeam - making it less convenient for EDC.

I have a small light on my keyring as a backup and I find my 1 x AA EDC light + 1 x AAA keyring light provide the day to day usefulness I need from an EDC. Going camping or to a corn maze or even walking the dog at night - you might choose something bigger, but EDC (to me at least) is about having something handy on you when you need it. Obviously for a LEO or security guard their requirements may be a bit different, but for most of us a small easily pocketable light is plenty capable for typical daily needs - especially with 14500 LiIons, high output LEDs and clever multi-mode circuitry.