Difference Between SF 6Z and Z2

Catman10

Enlightened
Does anyone know what the differences are between these two lights? I am thinking about getting the 6Z as I can get it for a reasonable price, but am wondering if there are any significant differences.
Thanks

roguesw

Enlightened
Catman10
The 6Z is the precursor to the Z2, i believe the 6Z has a slightly different middle body section, i think it is thicker than the z2? i am not sure, basing this on pictures, funtionality wise, the Z2 now had pyrex lens, and lock out tail cap whereas the 6Z only has the lexan lens and no lock out tail cap. They both include the lanyard ring and lanyard.
I think that's all the differences
Cheers

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Z2 has a LockOut TailCap and Anti-roll Hex Bezel.
It has two flat panels for logos and serial number where the body is thin.

Also, some 6Z came with three grip spacer rings but most and the Z2 come with two.

If you decided to get the 6Z, I suggest you get an Z41 LockOut TailCap for it. This is likely to mean the 6Z is more expensive then the Z2 though.

Al

Blikbok

Enlightened
I just added a Z41 to my old, old, 6Z and love it. The light never got much use due to the lack of LOTC. While I am quite attached to the 6Z for sentimental reasons, I can't see any reason to search for the 6Z rather than buy a new Z2, unless the 6Z is used and cheap.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Upgrading my 12PM to a Z41 was fantastic. I found I could actually take it places in my rucksack without burning a whole through it and wasting expensive DL123As.

Al

Catman10

Enlightened
Thanks, I ask because I am able to pick one up from a guy at work for $40US, used but in good condition. I do like how the models are similar enough to use the same accessories, as it would suck if it became obsolete to new technologies as they came out.

Blikbok

Enlightened
The Z41 is $28 at sableco.net, and they want $67 for the Z2, so $40 seems fair, minding that you don't get the better lens. I got mine for $65 way back when, and was very happy with it. I got the Z32 Shock-isolated bezel and the Z41, and it still is on my bedstand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif