JetIII Pro St or possible EX20

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to decide on what to spend some hoarded up cash on. I dont know if I should wait or not. I have a d10 like the piston drive, but the jet looks good too. I think that I am leaning toward the Jet, higher output wirh a very low low. I am not sure if nitecore is going to do this new model.

any thoughts are appreciated.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for an 18650 dedicated light I wouldn't hold your breath for Nightcore (or Fenix) to make one. There would be many of us pleasantly surprised if it did happen.

krazy89

Enlightened
umm.... fenix has one....

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_85&products_id=497

that one takes 18650's...

as for nitecore... haven't seen anything yet...

RE: jetbeam jet III pro st... i just got this light... and let me say that i like the light very much... IBS engine is probably the best UI of any light... 3 custom levels... can have stobe if you want... or no strobe if you don't want it... at 100% it drives the led hard...it has a pretty low low... decent throw on the OP reflector...

the only gripe i have about the ST is that the beam profile is not ideal... bright hotspot... but a pretty big dark corona around it... very noticeable for whitewalls... but i guess in normal use... not that noticeable...

for me tho.. my EX10 is still my EDC... (until my D10 gets here)... 18650 lights just aren't compact enough for EDC'ing... even with a holster on my belt... kinda gets in the way... YMMV

KraZy

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jet III Pro ST is a great buy in my opinion, only downer is the run time but that's why we always carry back ups don't we?

There is light that is suspiciously similar to the Jet III Pro ST and has been reviewed on http://light-reviews.com/ it's called the Hermes and it seems to resemble the Jet III to a large extent except that its runtimes are much longer.

That being said, i trust the build quality of Jetbeam. Feels really good in your hand.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
Jet III Pro ST is a great buy in my opinion, only downer is the run time but that's why we always carry back ups don't we?

There is light that is suspiciously similar to the Jet III Pro ST and has been reviewed on http://light-reviews.com/ it's called the Hermes and it seems to resemble the Jet III to a large extent except that its runtimes are much longer.

That being said, i trust the build quality of Jetbeam. Feels really good in your hand.

You've got your Jetbeam models mixed up. The ST is the smooth sided, tube shaped 18650 light. The Hermes resembles the Jet III M model, not the ST model.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

krazy89

Enlightened
oh... u wanted a dedicated one... yeah... then fenix doesn't make one...

as for the jetbeam... the IBS engines don't show any signs of PWM at all... at least i can't tell... and i think selfbuilt also said that he couldn't detect it... so that really shouldn't be an issue....

but yeah... the ST is a great light....

KraZy