Ebay's 1300 lumen highway robery alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I been had. I purchased this Romisen RC-T6 CREEx6 1300 Lumens Flashlight.
flashlight.jpg

My Surefire 6P with the Malkoff M60 drop in Module is at least 30% to 50% brighter. Or it may be that the Ebay has more spread. Eighther way it sucks for throw and even in close proximity 10ft it gets left in the dust by a mere 230lumen flashlight.

I just paid $105 dollars delivered for this. Fellow CandlePower members don't make this mistake.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
That pic looks like a $60 Romisen RC-T5. Is that the actual light you got?

BTW, the RC-T6 is available from DX for $59.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Ouch... that sucks for $105 you could buy a second 6P+M60, Use one in each hand for nearly ~450 (real Lumens) total. Or get one of those Eagletacs and use that along side the SF-M60.

Something doesn't sound right though... I wonder if its defective? Surely its not going to be 1300L:crackup:, but it should at least be on par with an M60.

Just realized your pic is the RC-T5 not the T6... if you paid for a T6 but got a T5 I think you should take necessary action with the ebay seller and perhaps PP and your CCC.:(

Good Luck;)
:popcorn:

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
That pic is of a $60 Romisen RC-T5.

Is that the actual light you got?

That is the exact make and model of the one I got. In additon the charger didn't work and 1 of the batteries was dead. So, I ordered a new charger kit with 4 batteries. OUCH......:poof:

I wish I would have found this forum sooner. It should say in the main page here.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The same light is available here for a good bit less. I'd recommend checking DX or KD before buying a light on eBay, chances are the same light is available for a good bit less. They all come from the same source.

The light should at least be on par with the M60. Is the light defective?

What batteries are you using?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
That is the exact make and model of the one I got. In additon the charger didn't work and 1 of the batteries was dead. So, I ordered a new charger kit with 4 batteries. OUCH......:poof:

I wish I would have found this forum sooner. It should say in the main page here.
Warning don't purchase bulbs or China made lights on Ebay.
Ouch... I think you should pursue a refund or return through Ebay, and your credit card company. You have a clear cut case of "Item not as described/advertised". I think you have some legitimate ground to stand on in that regard.

Also... just take a deep breath and relax, before you start openly flaming countries and various sellers/products. Moderators patrol these boards VERY carefully and if you stir things up too much you'll get banned.

**edit** Yikes those things are all over Ebay, 5 second search for "RC-T6".:shakehead

Good Luck though:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many LEDs does the light you received have? 4 or 6?

If it has 4, you received an RC-T5. If it has 6, you received an RC-T6.

If the seller listed it at 1300 lumens, that is grossly overrated.

EDIT: Found the seller on eBay. Definitely exaggerated.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all for the advise. Mine has 6 led's. The light works perfectly it just is grossly overrated. I sent an email asking for a refund, but the seller said they would exchange only. I don't want another one since it's just going to be the same as this one. I want my money back.

Seller is not very responsive. I put a negative comment and emailed 5 or 6 times and 3 weeks later I got a reply. I have learned DX offers the same for less. I purchased a different light from them already and its been perfect, bright, and inexpensive.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thank you all for the advise. Mine has 6 led's. The light works perfectly it just is grossly overrated. I sent an email asking for a refund, but the seller said they would exchange only. I don't want another one since it's just going to be the same as this one. I want my money back.

Seller is not very responsive. I put a negative comment and emailed 5 or 6 times and 3 weeks later I got a reply. I have learned DX offers the same for less. I purchased a different light from them already and its been perfect, bright, and inexpensive.

IIRC there was a thread not too long ago about the RC-T6, the OP was not too impressed... a little under-whelmed considering the on paper potential of six XR-Es.

georget98

Enlightened
If you paid with PayPal file a claim today. You've got 45 days from purchase to do it. PayPal doesn't care if the seller doesn't do refunds. You'll have to return it (at your expense) to the seller with delivery confirmation or FedEx/UPS tracking. When it shows as delivered PayPal will refund your original purchase + shipping. Failing that, if the purchase was funded with a credit card, you've usually got 3-6 months to file a dispute.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what the ebay item description says:

All sales are final, return is accepted on a exchange basis only, if good should be defective upon receipt, customer has up to 5 days from date of receipt for exchange of new one, item must be returned in its original and unused condition, good must be in its original box and packing.

I can still file a claim with paypal if the seller has this on their page?

Yeah, I admitt I have been had. Not just once, but twice.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

All sales are final, return is accepted on a exchange basis only, if good should be defective upon receipt, customer has up to 5 days from date of receipt for exchange of new one, item must be returned in its original and unused condition, good must be in its original box and packing.

Good question... I don't think an "All sales final" statement holds water if the seller lies and miss-represents the product. HOWEVER... on paper its possible for each q4 to emit 216.66 Lumens times 6, and that equals 1300L. So the seller could just claim he's spec'ing cumulative emitter lumens for each LED.

You mentioned one cell being bad and a dud charger. Is it possible you are not powering it sufficiently? Granted, its not going to be 1300L, but still if you power it adequately....

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question... I don't think an "All sales final" statement holds water if the seller lies and miss-represents the product. HOWEVER... on paper its possible for each q4 to emit 216.66 Lumens times 6, and that equals 1300L. So the seller could just claim he's spec'ing cumulative emitter lumens for each LED.

You mentioned one cell being bad and a dud charger. Is it possible you are not powering it sufficiently? Granted, its not going to be 1300L, but still if you power it adequately....

I checked the batteries and they measured over 4v of power each before installing. The flashlight does seem built like a tank. So, I figured I could take the loss and put on a quality drop in type bulb. Most likely it would have to custom job. I could practice and learn as I go with this one. I see many of you customizers out there and I am impressed, hopefully I can be half as good.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm legally trained, contractual clauses are not enforceable in cases of misrepresentation such as yours, you may ask the Seller to substantiate his claim of 1300 lumens with hard data.

Go for it, if you need help and if i am able in my own small way to provide any, please either post here or PM me, i will be subscribing to this thread.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
These brands are known for inconsistent quality and performance. But my friend has RC-T6 and it is very bright, brighter than Wolf-Eyes Storm Q5 (780 lumens). My guess is at least 1000 lumens. See it for yourself:

Dereeligth DBS V2 R2

Wolf-Eyes Storm Q5

Romisen RC-T6

kramer5150

Flashaholic
These brands are known for inconsistent quality and performance. But my friend has RC-T6 and it is very bright, brighter than Wolf-Eyes Storm Q5 (780 lumens). My guess is at least 1000 lumens. See it for yourself:

Dereeligth DBS V2 R2

Wolf-Eyes Storm Q5

Romisen RC-T6

thats what makes me suspicious of the OPs batteries and charger (something he even previously noted as being questionable). I have 7 different pairs of RCR123 cells that I use in my various lights. If I deplete them enough or only do a partial charge they will measure ~3.7Volts unloaded, yet the light out the front is only a fraction of its MAX on fully charged cells.

If that Romisen-T6 is only emitting 220 Lumens (about what an M60 does) thats 220L / 6 = 36 Lumens per XR-E. Something is either seriously wrong with the DC-DC circuit or the batteries are starving the DC circuit of power.

youreacrab

Enlightened
i have %100 confidence paypal will refund your money if you claim goods aren't as described.

Last edited:

LightKnife

Newly Enlightened
I'm legally trained, contractual clauses are not enforceable in cases of misrepresentation such as yours, you may ask the Seller to substantiate his claim of 1300 lumens with hard data.

Go for it, if you need help and if i am able in my own small way to provide any, please either post here or PM me, i will be subscribing to this thread.

Like someone has mentioned before, cummulative lumens are near 1300 it is not hard to provide data, the CREE spec sheet has the lumen values for the currents that are driven. This is not a case of missrepresentation the product didn't meet the buyers expectation, OP had an expressed contract with the seller and the seller performed the contract even then "puffery" is allowed in adds because adds are not contracts, a salesman telling you "this is the best tv" and you find out is not well you cannot sue him for damages.

Just like when the P7 came out and people were saying that it may be the death of the surefire M6, it clearly didn't happen and 1 single cree throws more than a MC-E or P7. Lumens is the overall light not the intensity i believe.
Next time please research more your purchases. Don't abuse the paypal dispute and save it for when you really need it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.