Pics of different LED's

rockz4532

Enlightened
i thought this might be useful to some new flashaholics, so here it is:p
All pics found on google, then hosted on tinypic, then posted

Cree XRE has a square with a line on one side. the background behind it is either yellow or silver
If the bin is at least P4, than it has 4 bond wires. used in most modern lights.
15g711d.jpg

Seoul SSC-P4 is a square, and inside that square is the emitter, the emitter looks just like a cree
2ylv0d0.jpg

Osram golden dragon plus just looks as large as the rebel , i dont have a light with it so i cannot comment much on this one
35bsgv9.jpg

Luxeon 1 and 3 both look the same, it is a centered yellow square, with 2 small gold bond wires on each side
6rhgmr.jpg

Luxeon rebel looks the smallest
14neo2g.jpg

Comparison picture
5le3wo.jpg

5mm led is the dimmest of all, it uses the least power, and looks higher than the other high power leds, also the dome on this one focusses the beam to some sort
sxc83l.jpg

Luxeon K2 TFFC
2s7utr9.jpg

CREE Xr-c P2
bis6ye.jpg

Images Restored!

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It loosk like you are hot linking to those images (you're not hosting them yourself). Might want to fix that quick or the mods will remove them.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Three Nichia GS's sure puts to shame a 1-watt luxeon in my experience. IMHO, there are still many applications for current bin white 5mm's, especially with their imrpoved lumen maintenance.

rockz4532

Enlightened
It loosk like you are hot linking to those images (you're not hosting them yourself). Might want to fix that quick or the mods will remove them.
hmm didnt know that. i really dont have the time to do that this weekend, so what do i do

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm didnt know that. i really dont have the time to do that this weekend, so what do i do
You should remove them temporarily then. Save a copy on your computer till you have time to upload them to a hosting site and then re-post.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once pictures are back, this would be a good reference thread for the LED forum. ;)

rockz4532

Enlightened
didnt know that, but i saw the d10 on 4 7's with the golden dragon. and it looked pretty small to me! ill change it, thanks!