C2H & RCR123's...

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got a C2H coming with the R2 emitter and based what I have read thus far in the threads is that the emitter pushes 1a. Is this figure for the Q5 or R2 emitters? My next question would the C2H be a candidate for AW's IMR16340's or would a traditional protected or unprotected RCR123 be appropriate?

Thanks,
Dave

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got a C2H coming with the R2 emitter and based what I have read thus far in the threads is that the emitter pushes 1a. Is this figure for the Q5 or R2 emitters? My next question would the C2H be a candidate for AW's IMR16340's or would a traditional protected or unprotected RCR123 be appropriate?

Thanks,
Dave

both lights put 1A through the emitter. The difference in brightness is due to LED efficiency only.

I was wondering the same thing about the IMR16340s. But here is some very useful data for that flashlight. http://www.light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=trustfire&start=20
see post #37

Axion

Enlightened
C2H is definitely a candidate for the IMR 16340's. Battery capacity gets worse at higher load, but the IMR's hold up better then traditional AW's. At anything over 1.0 amps it looks like not only will the IMR's provide slightly better run time, but they will be much happier doing so (rated up to 8c max discharge rate) and this last for more cycles.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your input. I just placed an order for the IMR16340's with LightHound and should be here about the same time as my C2H.

Dave