Abusing the RA Twisty

SnWnMe

Enlightened
We had a little show and tell with our flashlights on the ship the other night (we were out to sea and bored). The guys in Engineering had their rechargeable incans while one of the operations types had a showerhead Wal Mart light. I pulled out my RA and while it was the smallest of the bunch, it was also the brightest :crackup:
Naturally everyone wanted to fondle the Twisty and see how this sub 4 inch tube could put out so much light. Without nuking it too much I explained present LED technology to them. Talk drifted over to cost so I told them the price. As usual, there was a comment about "Why so much?" at which point I held up the Twisty, turned it on and threw it against the steel floor.... Twice. Got a good bounce on it too. Picked up the light, turned it off, noted a small scratch on the ano near the tail and finished the demo by saying "Because you get what you pay for". :laughing: Oddly enough, no one else threw their light against the deck.

I hope I didn't void my warranty Henry :D

shomie911

Enlightened
The Twisty is one of the few lights you can put through that kind of abuse without worrying about it breaking.

Worse that will happy is you'll dent the battery.

litetube

Enlightened
I dont even think you will dent the battery . With springs at both ends it is almost like it is suspended. I think that was the intent was to not only make a super tuff light but also do everything possible to protect your power source also?

shomie911

Enlightened
I dont even think you will dent the battery . With springs at both ends it is almost like it is suspended. I think that was the intent was to not only make a super tuff light but also do everything possible to protect your power source also?

It's still possible to dent the battery but the odds of doing so are greatly reduced thanks to the springs.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
Wow how come when I do dumb poop like that I always end up killing a light....no fair snwnme maybe you should send your twisty to my brother for some REAL abuse

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats impressive. I have dropped lights before without a second thought but I could never actually throw one of mine. You are awesome!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
My twisty has literally been through hell at work and at play and has never done anything but just keep working.I have many of Henry's lights but if i really had to trust my life to a light it would be my twisty.

100_5787.jpg

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Complete with bounce, that's a full on Gransee-style demonstration (with a bit of Pummeled too, of course)! :D I think the real question is, was the surface you threw it against damaged? Nicely done. :thumbsup:

I don't get it what does Peter Gransee have to do with this?

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I don't get it what does Peter Gransee have to do with this?
The comment about the light bouncing reminded me of a well known old story about Peter. A member visited Arc for a tour and Peter demonstrated the durability of the LS by throwing it at the floor of his office so hard that it bounced, high enough that the visitor was afraid it might break the window. Pummeled is the king of abuse demonstration, but a bouncing light always reminds me of Gransee.

Latest posts