another noob question, possible 24 volt maglite? :)

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i put 2 of these (or something like it)

http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_56_73&products_id=590

into a 4x D magligte, that = 24v right?

what 'bulb' lens reflectors are available for the maglite that could make this a good modd/project?

or is 24v too much?

im guessing with 24v, and a 4D host, with the right modifications it could do 500 lumens for 1.5- 2.5 hours?
maybe even a rotary dial (like a volume dial on your stereo)on the side of the light to ramp up and down from 500-20 lumens??

but i know almost nothing about electronics and flashlights,
any thoughts?

:whistle:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do realize that is only a battery holder, 24x2 is $42 plus $50 for batteries that's $92, for a light that could probably only give like 3ah max, were if you used 4x 3.7 li-ion batteries and get a nice overdrive of 14.8 volts on a 12 volt bulb with over 16ah of power. All that for $80 vs. the $92. besides only ROP builds would work with 8AA because any higher draw rate would melt the plastic, Also you really can't adjust the brightness on a Incan bulb.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do realize that is only a battery holder, 24x2 is $42 plus $50 for batteries that's $92, for a light that could probably only give like 3ah max, were if you used 4x 3.7 li-ion batteries and get a nice overdrive of 14.8 volts on a 12 volt bulb with over 16ah of power. All that for $80 vs. the $92. besides only ROP builds would work with 8AA because any higher draw rate would melt the plastic, Also you really can't adjust the brightness on a Incan bulb.

no i didnt realize any of that :naughty:

im a light/electronics neewbie :thinking:

but i learned something:twothumbs

kts

Enlightened
...Do a search, lots of mods available for mags...

Last edited:

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
build a M@G 85....its a glass lens, aluminum reflector, battery holder (9AAs to 3Ds), bipin bulbs, and bipin bulb holder.....around 150 but over 800 lumens out the front

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you have an older mag 4AAs won't fit without quad boring the inside of the tube to make room for the AAs. Tons of info on mags over in the incan section. Lots of money to be invested to make a mag able to run at high voltage and current without melting all the stock plastic parts in there.
:)