New member with Questions

gouldian

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post though I've been lurking here for some time. I've bought several lights such as a Fenix P3D and Tiablo A9 based on what I've read on CPF and I'm very happy with those purchases. The only downside for me with the P3D is the fact that its so easy to drop even when dry and for this reason I'm looking to buy something else thats still similiar in size to the Fenix light. I'm considering the Jetbeam Jet III ProST after reading selfbuilt's review and would like to know if you guys consider this to be a good reliable light. The only protected 18650 batteries that I can find on Ebay are by Ultrafire and Solarforce, and I know that the Ultrafires are not that highly rated. Are the Solarforce batteries OK. I take it that it would make no sense to use unprotected cells - is this for safety reasons. Thanks. Jim

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, gouldian.

Your question is in 2 parts. Th first part is about selfbuilt's review, and I am happy to confirm to you that his reviews are very highly regarded, so you will be safe relying on what he says.

The second part of your question relates to batteries, so I will move the thread to the Batteries section for response.