Pelican M6 Xenon Questions

LightGrunt0311

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Just have a few questions about my Pelican M6 Xenon.

1) Can I use the Surefire P60L drop-in in it? If not, is there an LED drop in for it?

2) Can it use rechargable CR123s?

3) Is it brighter than a Surefire 6P Xenon?

Appreciate any opinions/responses.

Thanks and have a great one.

Semper Fi,

-lightgrunt0311

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking to keep it an incandescent or LED?
It will accept most D26 drop ins whether it's incandescent or LED.
I am currently running a Lumens Factory HO-9 with RCR123 batteries, and my other Pelican M6 is running a Cree R2 drop in from Dealextreme.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I too have recently discovered what a good P60LED host the Pelican M6 is. You can put any number of aftermarket P60LED dropins into it. All of them have a smaller diameter than a Pelican dropin but once you screw everything together tightly, it works fine. The trick to it is to first completely take apart the head off the body and bezel from the head. Then you insert the P60LED into the head and completely screw down the bezel. Finally you line up the back of the dropin with the inside of the body and tighten it all togther and you're good to go. The head won't screw down as far as it would with a Pelican module...I'd say it makes the flashlight 2mm longer, which is no big deal.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
I have a xenon Pelican M6 (with the LOTC switch, black rubber boot) and have tried a Dealextreme 6090 with no luck.

I've unscrewed the Pelican head and removed the reflector. Then i removed the xenon bulb and metal buble holder from the body.

Is there a better module to try that will fit?

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i have an LED module from MTE (D-7011), at that time the packaging stated a (bulb) lumen rating of 175. its diameter is smaller than the original Pelican bulb module but once screwed down completely it does not rattle.

naked-eye test 'results':
- about 2.5hrs of near constant output on lithium primaries
- lumen out front is decent one step more output to the 3watt (2390), which is one step more output from the 1watt (2330) :thinking:
- beam profile is similiar to the original M6
- not sure what Cree bulb is in there though.:shrug:

link: http://www.mteccd.com/

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
the newer version of the MTE drop-in rated at 255 lumens will fit the older Peli M6 more snuggedly, due to threads running all the way down the module, by screwing down to the main tube. the reflector came apart but its not a major issue as the bezel will hold it in its place.

for the unthreaded versions of M6 the module sits a quite a distance away from the cells, therefore there is some issues with it making a closed circuit- harder to click on. :sigh:

the store owner was nice enough:) to let me test on my older 2330 (threaded at the bulb module's end) & the newer 2390 (unthreaded). i've bought from them before, so there's my goodwill gesture? :grin2:

photoncannon

Newly Enlightened
After posting this question, I realize it should be in the LED forum. I'll post it over there in a couple of days if there are no replies here.

This thread is a couple of years old now so drop-in availability may be different. None the less I am on a mission to upgrade my Pelican M6 xenon to a cree. Above there are 2-3 different modules that seem to work in the M6. One is from www.mteccd.com, but I can't find any drop-ins on their site. Does anyone know if they still sell a drop-in?

D26s seem to be recommended, but considering the M6 xenon has a beam focus capability, the xenon lamp base screws into the body. so I am wondering if the D26 LED modules have matching threads or are small enough that they simply by-pass the threads of the M6 body.

At any rate, does anyone know of a cree module that will fit the M6 xenon that is currently available?

Last edited:

seale_navy

Enlightened
hmmm, I have the lastest version of Pelican M6 Cree led though I got from Pelican. If u want u can PM me I dont mind selling it since I need funds for law textbooks in the coming months, its brand new lying in the drawer.

Latest posts