EX10 Bezel Problem

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else have this happen to them?

My EX10 bezel ring broke. I found this strange SS ring in my pocket and had no idea where it came from.

Later that day, I reached in my pocket and damn near got cut by my broken bezel ring.

The SS bezel ring tolerances must be a little too tight, because the ring broke in two and now I can't take my head apart anymore:thumbsdow

Anyway, I'm gonna contact 4sevens to see if there is anything they can do.

For now I just need to be careful not to cut myself and also careful what I set the light on bezel down..

008.jpg

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that would have been bad if you'd cut yourself. Mine doesn't appear to thread all the way down flush to the aluminum, and I eventually plan to replace it with a crenulated one. Thanks for posting, let's see if there's any others out there that have done the same thing.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats one unique strike bezel youve got there...

in all seriousness..someone's head THREADS did the same thing...
now this is strange..

Crenshaw

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newer EX10's have thicker SS bezels. It looks like the early Nitecore EX10/D10's were just too thin in places. The good news is 4sevens will take care of any of these issues. I wonder if we could order thicker SS bezels for our early EX10's. I'd pay $5 or whatever to order a thicker one. I'd pay even more for one with crenellations. :)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newer EX10's have thicker SS bezels. It looks like the early Nitecore EX10/D10's were just too thin in places. The good news is 4sevens will take care of any of these issues. I wonder if we could order thicker SS bezels for our early EX10's. I'd pay $5 or whatever to order a thicker one. I'd pay even more for one with crenellations. :)

Of the 2 newer EX10's I just purchased only one had the thicker bezel ring.

litetube

Enlightened
Arent the new bezel rings thicker on the edge? This break looks like another thread section being too thin. A thicker edge wouldnt prevent this from happening would it?

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's just too thin at the shoulder. From the sounds of it they've corrected the latter ones.

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
My EX10's bezel also doesn't screw down flush with the head of the light. It was worse when I got it, but I removed the bezel and carefully filed the threads where they were rough (kind of a bummer that they were rough at all) and now it screws down a little better, but I'll admit it does bug me a little. I'm thinking about picking up one of the Ti bezels once I've seen then installed, but I'm not nuts about the crenelations. Seems unnecessary for the way I use & carry the light.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
It seems very very silly to me that if someone was taking the time and effort to make crenellated EX10 bezel rings that they would not at the same time produce some non-crenellated ones as well! :ohgeez:

Less Ti in the part you were selling and charge the exact same as the crenellated ones. It would make you a tiny little bit more money and be quicker to produce.

NO BRAINER

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems very very silly to me that if someone was taking the time and effort to make crenellated EX10 bezel rings that they would not at the same time produce some non-crenellated ones as well! :ohgeez:

Less Ti in the part you were selling and charge the exact same as the crenellated ones. It would make you a tiny little bit more money and be quicker to produce.

NO BRAINER
+1

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
I EDC my EX10 and, as a mechanic, frequently drop it or bash it against car parts, etc. Over time, my lights always get a little ratty so the ability to simply replace a damaged bezel is great. Even more so if russtang (or anyone else) can produce a 'beefed up' version of the bezel - even a slightly beefier version in SS would be cool.

OT - My 18-mo-old son LOVES to play with my EX10 on low mode and is quite good at navigating (dark rooms or outdoors) by it. Somehow he snagged it from my holster this morning and before I realized what was happening, I heard him bashing it against a concrete step in our house with all his might - wouldn't you know he was beating up the PD end, not the replaceable bezel? Oh well. . .it's a tool, right? :p

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that the GD+ version of the EX10 has the thicker stainless steel bezel. Can anyone confirm that the latest batch of the Q5 version also has the thicker bezel?

dooz

Newly Enlightened
Same thing happened to me :shakehead
This one is a Q5; I have a GD on the way. I hope it will have the new thicker bezel ring.

let me know if 4sevens replaces it!

JF

Last edited:

Axion

Enlightened
I had the same thing happen to my EX10, thought it was a freak occurance. Good news is 4sevens.com got me a new bezel, one of the new thicker ones, shipped out right away.

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
My EX10 Q5 has a pretty high serial # (0970), but I'm not sure how recent that puts it's production. FWIW, here are shots of my bezel thickness & the gap.

bezel_a.jpg

bezel_b.jpg

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
DaFABRICATA, dooz, please email [email protected] and we'll send you a
replacement. Replacing the half of the ring stuck inside is not too hard.
If you have a split ring wrench you can use it to grip the inside of the ring
and rotate it. If you have a hard time removing it, you can always send the head back and we'll do it for you. David.

dooz

Newly Enlightened
Wow 4sevens already shipped out replacement bezel! Amazing :eek:
Certainly one of the most reliable seller in the business!

:twothumbs Big up to 4sevens! :twothumbs

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is the reason I moved to surefire from these lites. a new lite falls apart on you, threads come out... and so on.

dooz

Newly Enlightened
this is the reason I moved to surefire from these lites. a new lite falls apart on you, threads come out... and so on.

Id be happy to see Surefire come out with a variable output light this small in this price range and compare the quality of their first release. Not everyone can afford 100-200-300$+ lights anyways.

Last edited: