dereelight DBS V2 question

lurcher

Newly Enlightened
I have a dereelight DBS V2 with 3SD and Q5, does the R2 LED give significantly more throw and if so how easy is it to upgrade?

Thanks in advance

mechBgon

Enlightened
Upgrading is really simple, just unscrew the head of the light and unscrew the pill from the end of the reflector, then screw in the other pill.

I have the 3SD Q5 pill and the 1S R2 pill. Don't be expecting a major change, it's not very noticable, even in digital camera comparison pics. What I do notice, is that the light never ends up in medium or low by mistake with the 1S pill ;)

mechBgon

Enlightened
+1
but the best thing now is all pills put out 1.2A :twothumbs

The 1SM-2 is still listed at 1A, which is sort of unfortunate since that's the one pill capable of handling 2 x 18650 :mecry: If they bump that up to 1.2A (or more!) then I could get the extension tube for my DBS and probably go 3 hours on one pair of 18650s. Since I use it mainly as a bicycle headlight, that would be cool.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1SM-2 is still listed at 1A, which is sort of unfortunate since that's the one pill capable of handling 2 x 18650 :mecry: If they bump that up to 1.2A (or more!) then I could get the extension tube for my DBS and probably go 3 hours on one pair of 18650s. Since I use it mainly as a bicycle headlight, that would be cool.
Your right,I stand corrected it is only the 3SM that has changed to 1.2A ;)