E1e head

rooster.5

Newly Enlightened
How do I remove the top section of the head on my E1e without scratching it up. Seems to be on there pretty tight!! Thanks.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I found success by heating the head with a hair dryer while the head was within an oven mit to help it hold heat better. After a few minutes on high I was able to open the top using one of those yellow dishwashing gloves for traction and just a bit of heat shielding. The bottom of mine proved more difficult, and I burned myself through the rubber glove trying to open it. So, I added a thin cotton glove under the rubber glove for extra heat protection and that did the trick. The head still looks mint and is now fully opened. Remember, it needs to be quite hot for this to work, so give it time to heat up before attempting.

rooster.5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mudman!! I'm gonna sneak the old lady's hair dryer out to the garage right now!! Hope she don't catch me!!

rooster.5

Newly Enlightened
After several days of screwing around with this,I finally have the head open!!!! Only took a few minutes. Thanks again for the great info Mudman!!:twothumbs