KX2C complete light

Numbers

Enlightened
Any thoughts on the chances of SF introducing a KX2C complete light.

I dont like the strike bezel of the E2DL or the longer holster (than the E2L) necessary to carry it.

A KX2C thrower would complement my L4 and my long running single stage E2L (KX2).

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be nice. Maybe next year... we will find out at shot show which is right around the corner.

Size15's

Flashaholic
My guess is that if SureFire are finding higher than they expected demand for the KX2C bezel then they may well release a complete flashlight featuring it.
"E2LC" or "L4C" perhaps dunno

H2Orower

Enlightened
I wouldn't mind seeing Surefire make such a light. In the meantime, here's my home-made "E2LC" with an E2DL for comparison:

img1489jt2.jpg

And the same light with a tail-standing Z68:

img1633qj4.jpg

Last edited:

ugrey

Enlightened
I could not wait, so I put together my own. I put a KX2C head on my E2e. I now carry a Surefire in my pocket again, for a bright light, instead of a Fenix P3D. The KX2C is a GREAT light. SureFire is missing the boat on this.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the E2D L? Isn't it the same but with a bonus low setting (and STRIKE! bezel)?

Size15's

Flashaholic
What about the E2D L? Isn't it the same but with a bonus low setting (and STRIKE! bezel)?
Some people don't consider those things (a low output, using a dual output clickie UI), (aggressive crenelated "Strike" bezel) as bonus feature - they consider them to be negatives.

youreacrab

Enlightened
Some people don't consider those things (a low output, using a dual output clickie UI), (aggressive crenelated "Strike" bezel) as bonus feature - they consider them to be negatives.

+1

-owner of KX2C+E2E-BK

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fair enough. I'll always take a low level, but I'd rather the low come on first. If you could put a tailcap like the L1 & A2 on it I'd like it so you can have constant low and momentary high etc.

ugrey

Enlightened
Two levels is a minus to me. I carry a Bright "tactical" light and a general purpose light (Fenix P2D). If I use a single light with 2 levels, then the battery may be drained when I most need the bright option. Also, If you turn it on bright and off and then turn back on, in only a second or two, you only get the low mode. That could be a nasty surprise.

Also, how many of you have had holes put in your clothes by the strike bezel?

1996alnl

Enlightened
Two levels is a minus to me. I carry a Bright "tactical" light and a general purpose light (Fenix P2D). If I use a single light with 2 levels, then the battery may be drained when I most need the bright option. Also, If you turn it on bright and off and then turn back on, in only a second or two, you only get the low mode. That could be a nasty surprise.

Also, how many of you have had holes put in your clothes by the strike bezel?

I think we need to agree to disagree here.
I prefer the 2 levels,for close up work i find the E2DL much too bright on high.The UI couldn't be more convienent, you just momentarily press once and click for the low level.
Putting a low level on this light made it a more useful complete light.Try reading a map or writing something down in complete darkness with this sucker on high..it's blinding and a waste of power.
I keep hearing about this light tearing up pants pockets..:thinking: I've been EDC mine off and on for about a month or so with the tail cap down,no rips.

Take care

ugrey

Enlightened
If you carry one light for general use, two levels are great. If you carry a pistol you need a single dedicated bright light. A two level light is a heck of a surprise waiting to happen. A secondary general use light allows you to have a dedicated bright light and to read maps too. My non crenelated lights wear holes in my pockets.

Last edited:

Novanet

Newly Enlightened
Any thoughts on the chances of SF introducing a KX2C complete light.

I dont like the strike bezel of the E2DL or the longer holster (than the E2L) necessary to carry it.

A KX2C thrower would complement my L4 and my long running single stage E2L (KX2).

Well, looks like your wish has been granted! (although it's been re-branded via an agreement between Surefire and Viking Tactical)

May I present the Viking Tactical (Surefire) "VTAC-L4 Light"

http://www.vikingtactics.com/pop-vtac_surefire_L4.html

From the website:

"Viking Tactics has joined forces with Surefire in the development of the VTAC-L4 Light. This light was designed to fill the void between a Scout Light and other Executive Series Surefire Lights. The VTAC-L4 Light has a KX2C 120 lumen output head with a Z59 Scout light tailcap.
This light is intended to be used in conjunction with the VTAC Light Mount, this configuration gives the shooter the ability to have a low-profile light on their rifle with a focused beam that allows for better target discrimination at extended distances. The tailcap will keep the shooter from having white light AD's, yet is user friendly for normal use or one handed weapon operation."

So it would seem that you can finally get what many others have hoped for, and at significantly less cost than building a LEGO. Actually, it's the same price as a standard E2DL... (I just happened to stumble across this while surfing this afternoon)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I tried to order one but the ordering process stopped and just reloaded the same page at one point. Anyone got through?
bernie

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, I bought an E2DL, didn't like the bezel and bought a KX2c when I found one below list and sold the head from the E2DL for what I paid for the KX2c. Better light IMO.

greenLED

Flashaholic

+1

-owner of KX2C+E2E-BK
That's my new combo light as well! Put it together last night - it's really bright, and the beam is broad, with a concentrated hotspot. Me likey!

I tried to order one but the ordering process stopped and just reloaded the same page at one point. Anyone got through?
bernie
Bernie, OpticsHQ has them on sale. ;)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My baby is a L4 body, E1B tail, and of course the awesome KX2C. Two tone and totally sharp looking!