Incendio V2 - worth it?

Mdinana

Enlightened
Hi
I've been sneaking peeks at the V2 of the Lumapower Incendio, and am hoping that some of the folks here have both the original and the V2. I currently have a Fenix P2D (older, non Q5), as well as an Olight T10.

I actually had a Incendio version 1, but sold it b/c it didn't seem to have enough differences from the P2D (tint and brightness levels were virtually identical on mine). Has the new version had enough improvements to be worth checking it out, or is it pretty much the same light with a faster interface?

Thanks!

1dash1

Enlightened
Same light. Differences:
  • Tailcap ring unscrews. That means you can easily remove the clip, if you wish. That means you could replace the tailswitch and tailcap more easily.
  • Mode memory locks in after one second now, instead of two seconds in V1. (Much more user friendly, in this respect.)
  • Reverse polarity protection. (Not necessarily an improvement, if you use flathead RCR123's.)
Read more, pic's of V2 included.

BTW, you might want to check out the latest prices. :naughty:

Last edited:

Xak

Enlightened
Just got a new special edition nickel plated IncinDio V2. This thing is a flood monster. :cool: More flood than my Amilite T5, tight hotspot but not as bright, just about the same total output according to my highly technical ceiling bounce test. The beam is smooth as hell, no cree rings unless your really, really close to the wall. UI is great. Can tail stand. Removable clip is fantastic, so useful.

Complaints:

1 Sometimes difficult to click it on, though momentary on is a great feature.

2 Glow in the dark switch and bezel are useless. :thumbsdow Could they have gotten cheaper glow stuff than this? I got some glow rings and switches from that cheap-o DX site and it glows all night long after being charged. The IncinDio stuff litterally does not glow more than a couple minuets.

Anyone know if there are after market GITD switches and rings that will fit the IncinDio?

A great light, and well worth the price. :twothumbs

Oh, and mine came with some nice quality sharp tweezers. Perhaps to unscrew the switch and remove the pocket clip with?

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I actually had a Incendio version 1, but sold it b/c it didn't seem to have enough differences from the P2D (tint and brightness levels were virtually identical on mine).

I would agree that the Incendio and P2D are the same class of light, but the Incendio has some big advantages over the Fenix:

Both lights have a nicely balanced beam with plenty of flood, making them both ideal "walking" lights, but the Lumapower has a broader/floodier beam profile; you would typically not use the P2D as a "thrower", but rather where a broad beam is handy, and in that sense the Incendio has the edge. Aside from that, the head/reflector assembly of the Incendio is removable for bare-emitter use; this essentially gives it the ability to become a whole other class of light, something the Fenix cannot do.

The Incendio also has the simplified interface without the SOS and strobe modes, plus it still holds the title of smallest mass-produced 1x123 light (tied with the NiteCore EX10, they're the same size.)

Mdinana

Enlightened
One thing I liked about it was the size - small enough to use running, since the clip worked face forward.

it sounds like not much has changed though... maybe I'll wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the replies.