120P or new tailcap for L1?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming S.F. even offers a tail-standing replacement for the L1- between the price of that plus what I sell my L1 for, I could almost replace it with a 120P. The programmable aspect is not a huge advantage to me, but moon-mode definitely is (I am finding out even 3 lumens is a little bright for some of my E.D.C. purposes, much less 10).

Are current production 120P's just as ringy as L1's? Not a huge problem, but I wouldn't want it any more so. How about the tint of the beam? Anything else I might be forgetting to consider between these two? Similar warranties etc? I know both are made in the U.S.A. and of similiar build quality.

I do like being able to twist the surefires to low-constant-on, then press for momentary high.

1dash1

Enlightened
Ringy? Not at all. The 120P's smooth beam is its greatest strength, IMO.

Tint? My 120P is basically a pure white, with maybe a hint of warmth.

The 120P's beam is possibly the best in my collection.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
120P sounds great, thanks for the F.B.

Alternatively, does anyone know if a tailstanding tail-cap is available for the L1?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall there are some members here making a delrin replacement for the plastic ring that secure rubber cap, which extends all the way out so it can tailstand. Can't recall who makes it.

manoloco

Enlightened
Nekomane and Oregon Shooter used to make ones, Nekomane in Al iirc and Oregon Shooter in delrin, but i think those arent made anymore, start a thread to buy one on the marketplace, you wont loose anything by doing that.