• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest Thread: 18mm "bored" SF compatible 1 cell extenders...

mdocod

Flashaholic
Running this interest thread to see if anyone would be interested in some cheap drilled out extenders.

I would basically be buying SolarForce brand extenders, drilling them out to 3/4" (~19mm), de-burring, milling down some excess length on the side that overlaps the body to maximize compatibility with more after-market SF compatible bodies, then cleaning and lubing the threads/O-rings.

Price would be ~$12 each (tops), $1.50 shipping to US/Canada, $3.00 international.

If you are interested, or think it's worth doing, or think I should take my idea and cram it where the sun d... nevermind, lol.., drop your feelings in this thread :)

Thank You for Looking,
Eric

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's a cool idea Eric, don't know if I'd be in for one or not though as I can't think of where I'd use it with my lights. Does SolarForce offer them in Natural?

mdocod

Flashaholic
I think the extenders only come in black, which from what I can tell, is a Type II "paint" hehe....

I have seen some solarforce flashlights out there in "grey" and "sand" colors, but I don't think they are HA either.

Sorry,
Eric

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'd be interest in a complete bored light, if possible.
Norm

mdocod

Flashaholic
Norm

Solarforce already has 1x18650 L2 bodies out there, see lighthound :)

2x18500 and 2x18650 bodies pop up from FM and Leef on and off :) I expect to see more chinese offerings of 18mm SF compatible bodies in the future as well.

Eric

Nite

Enlightened
Norm

Norm, just trying to help, if you click on my sig, and select an FM 1x18650 and some heads and tails from SF, that is exactly what you get...a bored out SF quality body, with SF parts, 6P body.

Its a bit more expensive than a solarforce.

this should let the rest of you realize what good deal this part might be.
:bumpit::bumpit:

Nite

Enlightened
I think i saw a 19mm or 18mm extender one cell sized, pila or wolf eyes..?

how much was it? 40$?:poke:

I know I saw this product once somewhere in your thread...

but as far as I know if you made it itd be the only one like it in width..

:caution:heres my most important question, will it fit a FiveMega body?>:caution:

mdocod

Flashaholic
:caution:heres my most important question, will it fit a FiveMega body?>:caution:

I own 3 FM bodies. The stock solarforce extender doesn't seat correctly, too much overlap, with the length taken down just a fraction of an inch they fit fine. If I were to go through with making these, I would be milling them down enough to fit the FM bodies, and they should fit any SF compatible "c" style bodies.

Nite

Enlightened
why not make a better quality extender rather than boring these out.

cost would be about the same but you have to make like 500 of them
:D

Nite

Enlightened
Ill take one since its so inexpensive and fits FiveMega, even if HA 2 isnt an exact match.

I have several of those Stock 17mm extenders already...they work..on some of my SF lights