Photon Pro questions

candlelight001

Newly Enlightened
Just got a Photon Pro and think it's pretty great. Beam a bit ringy for indoor use, ok outdoors. Good tint, good power, good UI. The copper spring in the tailcap was a new approach. I wondered about it's long-term durability. Any thoughts on that?

Also, is there any light orange peel reflector that could be installed?

Thanks!

Marduke

Flashaholic
They have proven to be quite durable in the long run. The hard anodizing on the Pro is one of the more durable out there, and LRI has excellent service/warranty if anything bad does happen.

A common modification to smooth out the beam is to put hairspray on the reflector to give it a textured finish (removable by rinsing with water), using a diffuser, or to put a light diffusing film on the lens. This diffuser trick works with the Pro. The scotch tape with the "satin" finish (not clear or matte) also will smooth out the beam when places onto the lens.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I've only had mine for a few days but I'm as excited about this light as any light I have ever bought. I don't know much about the tailcap spring durability but Im with Marduke on this, if it ever fails LRI will replace it without a doubt. It is so good I may buy another as a spare. The beam on mine isn't too bad, not terribly ringy and doesn't bother me at all, even indoors. I can't say enough about this tiny light!! TIN's review helped sell me on this light, thanks Ray!! Doug:)