The trauma of Halloween

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
Last year wasn't so bad but this year after all my knowledge implants reading this forum and joining this community Friday night was almost a nervous breakdown.

5 year old and 3 year were costumed, glow tubed and ready to go trick or treating in the neighborhood. As the sun began to fall they were calling for their dad to LETS GO since they were already seeing some kids through the window. Being a single dad I had no moral support so where was dad?

I was sweating bullets over my desk trying to figure out what lights to take. This would be one of the few times I would actually NEED a light in my boring life so I wanted the perfect setup picked from my meager collection.

I had spread out the 6P, the Malkoff drop in from the 9P but then the C3 fit the holster better but the strike bezel I had was black and wouldn't look cool on the C3. OH MY.....kids are raising their voice.

I knew at my children's age we would be out on the mean streets of suburbia for probably an hour so I ended with with the 6P, Malkoff, defender bezel in surefire holster, 6 extra batteries, E1D clipped in jeans pocket, Fenix L1T in shirt pocket. Wiped my forehead dry and I was off.

Now to find those candy bags I bought for the children last year. Oh well here's a wally world bag LETS GO!

Bob

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i was a single dad, who like flashlights, and had 2 young kids, id make a point of going out regularly on exploring missions. sometimes the woods, sometimes back alleys, sometimes neibourhood back streets.

it would be lots of fun and educational for me and the kids, lumen output, runtime throw and flood would all have a practical meaning instead of just type on a computer screen.

id lie in bad and think of cool places i could take them,

even streams and puddles would be included at times.

i see your situation as an oppertunity to have lots of fun with your kids.

get out there
:twothumbs

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, you seem to be a wonderful single dad. Im proud of you! :twothumbs Glad you decided on something though, if you had gone any slower you may have had to use the light against your kids for delaying them....:thinking:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the story, Bob. :)

It seems like to me, a Fenix would work well for Halloween and surely be better than 99% of lights other people would be carrying.

As for me, what kind of flashaholic falls asleep early on Halloween night?