GRIP utility light - not worth it

zband

Newly Enlightened
I hope that this is the right section for this. I have been looking for a solution (utility light) for working on my Jeep, especially now that the days are shorter. My requirements are that the light must be able to run on standard batteries (no proprietary packs) and be small enough to be able to put small area using a magnet. I was at Meijer and saw this light made by GRIP (Grand Rapids Industrial group) that I thought would be perfect (unfortunately no picture- its blue and is shaped and sized like a hockey puck. Well, avoid this light - its output is very low. In fact, although it is advertised as a 24 LED solution, but my cell phone puts out about the same level of light.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
am not too sure about exactly how much light that you may need but if you say that the light you got was nearly beaten by your cell phone, then i think its safe to assume that you need more light than that and with a magnet to boot.

Have seen something that you may like but as it isnt approved to post direct links to the product, i have PM-ed the link to you, hope it helps, the reviews looked promising.