• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Micro Illuminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
Remember when the Mag Solitaire was the only AAA light in town? Then CPF member Lambda introduced us to the Micro Illuminator. I couldn't wait to by one and forked out my 70 bucks to pick one up. I've recently found the Illuminator in a box of old lights as it has long since been supplanted by my Caribbean (sans electronics) and figured I would offer it up on the BST forum.

The original reflector was cracked so I ended up experimenting with an mini mini mag reflector. The result was a pronounced central hotspot and and a spill beam that is almost twice the size of most lights with a 17mm lens. The beam is ever so slightly green but not unbearable. The thin original crystal has been replaced with a 17 x 1.85 mm UCL Lens. The clicky switch in the back has been replaced with a twisty end cap to reduce the overall length of the light.

The light is fully functional with a 3 hour burn time then useful light trailing off over 2 - 4 hours, depending upon the brand of battery used.

I remember when I used to carry this light all of the time, due to its thin diameter, it was always a fixture in the oxford shirt pocket.

If there is any interest, $65 plus shipping gets it.

Thanks

Ken

PM me if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.