New emitter Taskforce 2C... Does it exist?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read several posts where people have said that there is a new Taskforce 2C with a new "smaller" emitter, and that it is MUCH brighter than the old Cree Taskforce 2C from last year.
What does this new emitter look like? I'm thinking that all they've done is started using silver Crees (from China) like many of the new lights on the market, and someone thought that it was in fact a new style emitter, when in reality it's just a Cree. Does anyone know if this is the case? I'll be going to Lowe's tonight to make sure, but I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got one, then returned it (dont ask), but the ones i saw were silver back crees

Ok, so does that pretty much mean that the new emitter Taskforce that people are talking about is only a Taskforce with a silver Cree? Meaning that the increase in output should be minimal at best.

rockz4532

Enlightened
well, i purchased mine 6 weeks ago, they might of changed it, though i dont think they did, when i went to lowes last week, it had same packaging, same 60x brighter thingy.