Matching HA tailcap for Surefire E2L that will tailstand?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all - I have a really quick question (I seem to be asking a million lately:thinking:):

Anyway, does anybody have a good suggestion for an HA tailcap that will match my E2L that can tailstand?

I've been using an E2DL tail and its perfect except for the color mismatch...

Thanks!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Get yourself a derlin ring to swap out for the stock rubber button retaining ring!

J.S.Burly's had some a few weeks ago I think. I do remember that his store was having issues last week so it may not be fixed yet.

EDIT: He said it could be fixed as early as next week but please don't buy anything listed on there right now!

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's the McTC (also available from the Sandwich Shoppe), but the ano match will be the luck of the draw. The ano also tends to be glossier than Surefire's.

I like the Valiant Concepts shrouds that J.S. Burley's sells as well (and currently use a standard one on an E2L), but they can be a little awkward. The standard shroud is a little narrow, and combined with the long travel of the Surefire switch, it can be a little uncomfortable for my (somewhat big) thumb. The flared shroud is more comfortable to press, but makes the light a little less comfortable for me to hold (though, that's on a one cell light). The McTC feels just right to me on both one or two cell lights.

steveG

Enlightened
There's the McTC (also available from the Sandwich Shoppe), but the ano match will be the luck of the draw. The ano also tends to be glossier than Surefire's.

Does the switch in this tailcap operate just like the original? I have a new dual-mode E1L that I'd like to get a tailstanding tailcap for.

Thanks!