aa w/clip

djenkins

Newly Enlightened
hey guys I havent been on here in a while so i dont know whats the latest and greatest. im looking for a light i can keep cliped in my pocket at work. i want something with rechargable batteries and something kinda small like single aa. i carry a lod q4 on my keys and as far as brightness its fine i use the med (30 lumens) the most and every once in a while the high mode. i just seem to use it a lot constantly working on my machine and others (cant never find the P.O.S. light they provide us at work) and dont like getting my keys covered in ink and grease. i looked at the l1d q5 but no clip, also the eagletac p10a but i dont know anything about the company or the light. and it doesnt have to be an expensive light thats just where i started. so any suggestions would be appreciated. :thinking:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard good things about eagletac's but dont own one. However, maybe you just need another lod, there is the new model coming out after all. Also the proton pro has a clip although I don't know how good the clip on it is. On the cheaper side, there is also the streamlight micro which a lot of ppl like and is about the same brightness as the lod on med. Zebralights also come with clips I believe plus you get the added headlamp functionality. I actually think that might be a good light for you because the clips they come with look pretty nice, plus it sounds like you use your lights for alot of close up work which floody lights are great for, as well as headlamps.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it's not a aa. The streamlight microstream & stylus are nice clip lights that run off of aaa batteries and are reasonably priced.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any budget? That would be important, and if it's a worklight, you might want to consider a multimode Ultrafire C3, it runs on 1xAA/14500 or 2xAA (no 2x14500) and it's pretty hardy if the way i treat my single mode is anything to go by. Should set you back less than $30.00 and if you get a charger and some NiMh cells, you would probably spend under $40.00. You can search for this light on dealextreme (free shipping too).

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the c3 comes with a clip which I believe was his main criteria....Does the Romisen Rc-g2 have a clip, thats another good budget light. I know my rc-n3 has a clip but thats 2xaa, maybe the g2 has one, although i dont see it listed anywhere.

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoops, my bad, completely forgot about the clip requirement. But wouldnt a fenix clip for their AA series fit?? But depending on budget, it might just be better to just get a Fenix and be done with it.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
No question, the Nitecorp D-10 is an incredible light. Well made, super grippy, multi levels, easy to operate, either rechargeable or alkaline AA batteries and just now have gotten a pocket clip option. Awesome lights for what you are getting and only $59.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Proton Pro, NiteCore D10.

However, it is rather trivial to put a clip on other 1xAA lights such as the L1D, LD10, NiteCore Defender Infinity, etc. Most any clip made for an AA or CR123 light will fit them. So I wouldn't count them out.