Commercial LED AC Nite Light

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Got a fax (spam) at work about this product SmartLite It looks good and easy to install. Anybody seen one?
sidewire.jpg
before&after.jpg

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, looks nice.

Unfortunately, fax spam is illigal. It's using up your resources to receive it and print it out. Thats nasty, and like I said Illigal.

So they can't have any business from me.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Guys, I'm an amateur here. I just love LED's and how far LED lights have came.
My wife has been coming home with these LED night-lights that you just plug into a socket and forget. They have a light-sensor and they turn themselves on when it's dark and off when it get's light. We're beginning to get a LOT of them. Quite bright too. The world of LED's~it's a bright place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KR

Tomas

Banned
In the US, by federal law, unsolicited commercial faxes from any business you don't already have a commercial relationship with are illegal and subject to monetary and other penalties.

tomsig03.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I don't handle all comunications, so I don't know that we don't have a relationship with the distributor of the lights. All I know is we do get a lot of faxes that have an unsubscribe note at the bottom. Sorry I mentioned the source /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif
I intoduced this to say I thought the lights looked good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do look pretty neat. Nothing wrong with going off on a little tangent, though - we all learn something that way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kentucky Rifle said:
Guys, I'm an amateur here. I just love LED's and how far LED lights have came.
My wife has been coming home with these LED night-lights that you just plug into a socket and forget. They have a light-sensor and they turn themselves on when it's dark and off when it get's light. We're beginning to get a LOT of them. Quite bright too. The world of LED's~it's a bright place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KR

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking for something like this. What's the model? Or are you referring to the plug in version in the first post?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thomas is right, it's illegal. No bogus "opt out" information will get you around it. The law is federal and you can file in small claims court. You don't have to ask them to remove you first, as the whole thing is illegal.

http://www.markwelch.com/faxlaw.htm

it is UNLAWFUL "to use any telephone facsimile machine, computer or other device to send an unsolicited advertisement" to any "equipment which has the capacity to (A) to transcribe text or images (or both) from an electronic signal received over a telephone line onto paper." the law allows individuals to sue the sender of such illegal "junk fax" for $500 per copy. Most states will permit such actions to be filed in Small Claims Court.

As far as I'm concerned, if a company makes a conscious choice to flaunt the law when it comes to their advertising, it shows something about their attitude towards business practices. What makes you think they will deal in a reputable manner with you at any other time?

Nope, sorry, they blew it, I wont ever own anything from them.

Latest posts