Newbie needs help from you

jolivanra

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so I found out I'm flashaholic. Some time ago i purchased my first led flashlight, Nitecore Extreme, which has been great overall except it drenches batteries pretty fast. Later I purchased a Fenix P3D with the three cell tactical body from 4sevens, which is my go to work light, and it seems that it's never going to run out of energy. For every other time when not working I use the Nitecore. Next week, when titanium crenated bezels arrive, i will be ordering a Nitecore EX10 with the osram led. Now the question, I am planning to purchase an Muyshondt Aeon titanium for christmas as a present for myself jaja! but I am concerning a few things. First of all, I recently discovered that the Aeon is a twisty light, which I an not a fan of. Second, its worth $400, so my question is can I get something better with this amount of money? My requirements are:
1. Titanium (practically indestructible)
2. One cell (CR123 preferably) (Small, compact for EDC)
3. Decent runtimes (At least a little longer than Nitecore Extreme)
4. Nice light output (Not necessary as much as the Nitecore Extremute, but bright enough)
I know there is no such thing as the perfect light but for $400 I am pretty sure there are some options. I will apreciate all the help that you can give me, and I assure you I will check out every light you suggest, and the requirements don't have to be 100% fullfilled, I mean if you know a good enough light that is not titanium, I will check out anyways. Thank You!!

Niconical

Enlightened
I don't have one myself, but these lights (click here) are VERY highly regarded.

I don't know if there is anything I've missed, but as far as I know, I would say they're considered to be the highest quality flashlights available.

If you have $400+ to spend on a small light, you're unlikely to find a better way to spend it.

Marduke

Flashaholic
You know you can set a lower mode on the Extreme, right? You don't have to use it at max the whole time. Set the general mode at 50% or something.

jolivanra

Newly Enlightened
You know you can set a lower mode on the Extreme, right? You don't have to use it at max the whole time. Set the general mode at 50% or something.

Yes I know, the problem is that everytime someone needs a flashlight at home they grab the extreme cause "it's sooo cute" as my sister says. Also they do not use as I leave it, they have to twist the dam thing to blast everything, using more light than needed. Last week power went out, and she did her nails with it, on full power, when minimum was more than enough, that thing was so hot, you could fry an egg with it jaja!

jolivanra

Newly Enlightened
I don't have one myself, but these lights (click here) are VERY highly regarded.

I don't know if there is anything I've missed, but as far as I know, I would say they're considered to be the highest quality flashlights available.

If you have $400+ to spend on a small light, you're unlikely to find a better way to spend it.

For what I see those are custom lights, I appreciate it, those are just awesome, they look like museum pieces. But unfortunately I'm not into custom lights, i prefer stock lights accompanied by a warranty of some sort (for piece of mind). One things for sure, I drooled a bit watching those!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
My requirements are:
1. Titanium (practically indestructible)
2. One cell (CR123 preferably) (Small, compact for EDC)
3. Decent runtimes (At least a little longer than Nitecore Extreme)
4. Nice light output (Not necessary as much as the Nitecore Extremute, but bright enough)

??? Novatac is aluminum.

If your budget is $400, a McGizmo light probably wouldn't be obtainable. One exception would be the Mule. The only thing to caution the OP though is that the Mule's beam is all flood, no throw at all. It's ideal for close up work, with two levels of output, and a PD system. Virtually indestructable, the smallest of any of the more recent McGizmo lights offered, and it's Titanium like the OP specified. I wish I had never sold mine sometimes. There is currently one available for purchase over on B/S/T here. Get it while you can!!

Looks like this:

2955738996_c45942352e.jpg

Pic taken from this sales thread.

Last edited:

jolivanra

Newly Enlightened
??? Novatac is aluminum.

If your budget is $400, a McGizmo light probably wouldn't be obtainable. One exception would be the Mule. The only thing to caution the OP though is that the Mule's beam is all flood, no throw at all. It's ideal for close up work, with two levels of output, and a PD system. Virtually indestructable, the smallest of any of the more recent McGizmo lights offered, and it's Titanium like the OP specified. I wish I had never sold mine sometimes. There is currently one available for purchase over on B/S/T here. Get it while you can!!

Looks like this:

2955738996_c45942352e.jpg

Pic taken from this sales thread.

Novatacs are aluminum, but it seems like a good light though. I requested titanium because I have a thing for titanium, I have titanium watches, jewelry, earrings, etc. and I think it's just the best looking metal ever, not to mention the combination of strengh and weight.

On other thoughts, remember that I will be able to have this budget available for christmas, so please don't make me :mecry:eek:r tease me with really nice lights available right now to purchase at buy/sell/trade forums. Because I will only get desperate! :crackup:

How much a nice McGizmo light would go for? I think maybe I can give the budget a little bump, just by going to the mall and buying three or four shirts less for christmas! :crackup: