Beamshots of a KL6 with a MC-E or P7?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old KL6 head that is due for an upgrade and I'm trying to decide what to put in it. There have been a few folks that have done XR-E LEDs in them but I haven't seen actual beamshots from anyone that has put in a multi-die emitter.

The setup now is running on 2x18650s and a McGizmo two stage switch. I'd like something that runs on the same battery setup so I'm guessing the stock converter will have to go if I want to run the P7 or MC-E.

Any beamshots using the KL6 would be a big help. Alternative setups for using the KL6 also appreciated.

TIA,
-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
img0010smallrs5.jpg

img0008smallts5.jpg

For those who might not remember the KL6 I've included a couple of pix. I don't know if you can tell from the second shot but the reflector is very deep. The original Lux V was a four die emitter which is why I'm thinking of replacing it with a newer 4 die LED. My main concern is that the die height or die spacing might be radically different and give more of a donut hole at normal usage distances which for me will be 30'+.

Thanks for the link to the U2's beamshot but I think maybe its reflector is quite a bit shallower than the KL6. (I don't have one to compare) It looks closer in size to an M3 or KL5.

-LT