Jetbeam JET-II PRO I.B.S. EDC question

Splat_NJ

Newly Enlightened
Looking to get a new EDC light and I'm from what I've seen I'm liking the JET-II PRO I.B.S. very much. I've got enough stuff clipped to my pockets so I keychain EDC my lights. This one might have to go to pocket though because I'm not sure of its size on a keyring. One thing I noticed is that the click switch seems to ride high and may prohibit the use of a keyring. Is this the case? Thanks.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
There's a fair amount of space between the lanyard hole and the clicky itself, more than enough room for a keyring or mini-clip. You can get a better view of it over on Light-Reviews: http://light-reviews.com/jetbeam_jet-ii_pro/

You're right to question the Jet's size on a keyring - you could probably put it on one of those large watchman/warden's keyrings and wear it, but there's way too much mass there for a car keyring. Anything larger/heavier than a Fenix P1D and you'll risk damaging your ignition key tumblers.

krazy89

Enlightened
Hey Splat...

there's a great review with images here http://light-reviews.com/jetbeam_jet-ii_pro/

i have one.. and there's no problem getting a keyring on it... tho... the size of this light IMO is too big for keychain duty...

if you want something that's keyring size.. i would grab a Fenix LOD or the new LD01

you should check out the new LD01 Stainless Steel version... i think there's a pre-order for it over at 4sevens...

if you really want a clickie type light... then maybe a P2D or PD20..

hope this helps..

KraZy

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking to get a new EDC light and I'm from what I've seen I'm liking the JET-II PRO I.B.S. very much. I've got enough stuff clipped to my pockets so I keychain EDC my lights. This one might have to go to pocket though because I'm not sure of its size on a keyring. One thing I noticed is that the click switch seems to ride high and may prohibit the use of a keyring. Is this the case? Thanks.
The Jetbeam JET-II PRO I.B.S is the best pocket thrower out there, but it isn't a keychain light.

Splat_NJ

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Now I gotta decide .... keychain EDC has been optimal for me for years and if this thing's too big.. then... it's back to research again. :banghead: I'll take a look at those Fenixes. FWIW, I never have more than just the key on its own keyring dangling from my ignitions, but thanks for the head's-up on that. :thumbsup: