Dereelight DBS vs Streamlight Super Tac C4

toasterlocker

Newly Enlightened
I remember reading in another thread the DBS was better, but it would be up to you to dig up that thread.

The DBS seems more rugged too. Not ugly like the Super-tac either.

REmmons

Newly Enlightened
I too would like to see the beamshot comparison at say 200yds. i have not seen anything like the supertac that can out-throw it. If someone has both PLEASE post some pics.:candle:

Seems like the SuperTac doesn't get much love around here???

GreySave

Enlightened
I researched that before I purchased my Super Tac and as I recall the DBS did throw a little farther and that was with earlier designed pills. I expect the newer DBS versions are even better.

I elected to go with the Super Tac for the price advantage and warranty. It also filled the niche between the HID for true long range illumination and my other normal handhelds. For me, anything beyond the range of the Super Tac would not be clearly visible to my eye without HID power anyway. My long range vision is not that good.

600 feet is at the upper limits of the Super Tac. You may see the spot but you may not have quite enough light to see details clearly. For me it is really useful in the 200 to 400 or perhaps 500 foot range.

maxilux

Enlightened
I have the DBS and the SuperTac, the DBS throws out the SuperTac.
This are two complete different Flashlights, the ST has a warmer tint too.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
If streamlight would EVER learn how to drive a led...they could really have something. Streamlight's best throwing light (besides the hid lightbox) is actually the led firevulcan...same led as the supertac...just bigger reflector.... they both need to be driven much harder though if they want to compete with the new tiablo or dbs.

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
If streamlight would EVER learn how to drive a led...they could really have something. Streamlight's best throwing light (besides the hid lightbox) is actually the led firevulcan...same led as the supertac...just bigger reflector.... they both need to be driven much harder though if they want to compete with the new tiablo or dbs.

Old thread, I know, but I don't think Streamlight really cares about competing with a Tiablo or the DBS :thinking:

GreySave

Enlightened
I believe that the Super Tac head is now used on one of their other products and is now a two level with 200 lumens stated versus the 135 lumens of the original. I know that is a relatively small increase in stated power, but considering it couold throw 600 feet at 135 lumens....

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a bright Streamlight, the Stinger HP c4 has the same head...but is putting 200L out the front...and will do a fine job contending with a DBS