Different Jetbeam III models

qwopzxnm

Newly Enlightened
So I've decided to get one of the Jetbeam models but I am having trouble differentiating between the different III models. Can anyone help me understand what the difference is between all of these?

Jet Pro III IBS
Jet III Pro Ultra
Jet III Pro ST
Jet III Military/LE

Also, I noticed that the Military has a choice of LED tint. I've never owned an LED light before and wanted to know if the warmer tint would impact the overall output of the light or if it is strictly just a change of color.

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jet Pro III IBS....... The normal model, throw and flood balanced
Jet III Pro Ultra..... Designed for Throw
Jet III Pro ST........ Compact light with little throw
Jet III Military/LE... Special edition with SS bezel and tailcap addon

The warmer tint has better color reproduction but i dont think it is brighter.

metawaffle

Newly Enlightened
I have the Jet III Pro, and the Jet III Pro ST, and I've found myself liking the former best.

The Jet III Pro has a clip, but the ST doesn't (it's meant to be narrow and compact, after all). If you go for the Pro III, it's worth getting the replacement two-way clip, too - it's only a couple of bucks.

qwopzxnm

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your replies. Is it true that the Jet III Military isn't regulated?

qwopzxnm

Newly Enlightened
I'm confused. It looks like the Military has less modes than the others and isn't fully regulated with 18650's. Why is the price higher than all the other models?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'd append RichardCPF's list as follows:

ST - General use beam
Pro - Thrower beam
Military - Thrower beam (can accept R/CR123s, only two modes)
Ultra - Super thrower beam

Nearly all JetBeams are biased for throw, the ST being the exception.

I'm confused. It looks like the Military has less modes than the others and isn't fully regulated with 18650's. Why is the price higher than all the other models?

The Military is a full professional tactical light, so it is overbuilt even beyond the standard Jet models, with stainless steel bezels and double o-rings at both ends. It features the standard tactical light setup, one full-power mode and a second mode that you can set to anything you want; this is the mode arrangement favored by most professionals who need a serious and straightforward flashlight that their life may depend on.

For general/everyday use, the standard Jet models with the three-mode IBS are more useful, but the resilience and quality of the Military model can't be denied.

qwopzxnm

Newly Enlightened
Thank you everyone for the replies, they were all a huge help.

DM51 - Thanks for showing me that section. I'm still getting used to CPF and that section had everything I needed!