9P/G3 replacement body(host)

Zen|th

Newly Enlightened
Anyone has any idea whether SureFire sells them separately? I have a G2 and a 6PDL.. I do not wan to waste money on buying a brand new G3/9P.. So i was hoping that they might sell them separately and just screw it on. Do they? Or do I have to ask the Marketplace?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy an Surefire A19 one-cell adaptor for your 6PDL. It will lengthen the body to 9P size. Then you will be able to use it as a two cell or three cell light. I have been using them for years. It adds lots of versatility to the 6P.

Both the 6PDL and A19 are type II black. Your G2 is another matter. The A19 will work on the G2 it just won't be nitrolon.

Last edited:

Zen|th

Newly Enlightened
Buy an Surefire A19 one-cell adaptor for your 6PDL. It will lengthen the body to 9P size. Then you will be able to use it as a two cell or three cell light. I have been using them for years. It adds lots of versatility to the 6P.

Both the 6PDL and A19 are type II black. Your G2 is another matter. The A19 will work on the G2 it just won't be nitrolon.

Wow, ok.. seems like a good buy. And if i wanted to just buy the aluminium head for my G2.. is it possible?

And the A19 is manufactuerd by surefire is it? Caon i order it straight from surefire?

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast

They have an extender for the G2 to, http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/250/prrfnbr/214/Battery-Adapter- I was thinking about getting it for the G3 to get a 4 cell light to use with two Li-ions for and LED drop in, it would give good runtime I'm sure:thumbsup:.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have an extender for the G2 to, http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/250/prrfnbr/214/Battery-Adapter- I was thinking about getting it for the G3 to get a 4 cell light to use with two Li-ions for and LED drop in, it would give good runtime I'm sure:thumbsup:.

I have the AN-14 (KR1BK Kit)...I just tried it out on my G3, and it's more like 4-3/4 of a standard CR123. I wasn't able to get the tail cap on either, but, in theory, you could make a 3/4 Cell "spacer", and using a turbo head, slap a 4 cell bulb in there? But, I think the op's best option would be the A19...SF versatility at it's finest! :thumbsup:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do not confuse the AN14 adaptor with the A19. The A19 is designed for adding one 123 cell. You can use it to make your two cell 6 volt 6P a three cell "9P" and use the 9 volt bulbs.

The AN-14 is designed to make the 6P longer to accept the B65 rechargeable battery stick. The B65 battery is longer than 3 123 batteries. So the AN14 is a longer adapter than the A19. If you are dead set on getting a matching adaptor for your G2 there is one other alternative that I currently have setup in my old 7Z and works in the old 6R. You could add the AN14. It will hold 3 123's with a little bit of room to spare. Buy a Surefire Z20 spacer which is an all aluminum spacer the size of 1 123 cell. Cut it down to fill the remaining space in the AN14. Now inside the G2 tube with AN14 attached you can add 3 123's and your cut down spacer. It will work identical to the G3 only it will be about a 1/2" to 3/4" longer.

Besides, the recommended bulb for the B65 rechargeable battery is the P60...same bulb that is in your 6P. Going longer will give you the capability to run the 9 volt bulbs.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the AN-14 (KR1BK Kit)...I just tried it out on my G3, and it's more like 4-3/4 of a standard CR123. I wasn't able to get the tail cap on either, but, in theory, you could make a 3/4 Cell "spacer", and using a turbo head, slap a 4 cell bulb in there? But, I think the op's best option would be the A19...SF versatility at it's finest! :thumbsup:

I never knew that? Thanks In a way that's cool so I could make a sort of 8 cell light by buying 3 for only $33! Well you would probably just use 4 Li-ions, but:

1. What would you run with that? I know of no 14.4 volt LED bulb options.

2. How good would the connection be going through all those segments?

Why didn't the tail cap go on?

mdocod

Flashaholic
The A14 can be used in conjunction with a G3 to make it almost the perfect length for 3x17500 cells from what I have read. This gives you ~11.1V to work with. With a KT1/2 on it, you could run a LumensFactory HO-M6R :)

Eric

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never knew that? Thanks In a way that's cool so I could make a sort of 8 cell light by buying 3 for only $33! Well you would probably just use 4 Li-ions, but:

1. What would you run with that? I know of no 14.4 volt LED bulb options.

2. How good would the connection be going through all those segments?

Why didn't the tail cap go on?

1. You could use one of turbohead bulbs from the M4 (the M60?)
2. With 1 AN14, the connections pretty good. With the spacer (aluminum?), you could bore out the center, and put a copper rod with copper caps on it to help with the power transfer?

The tail cap wouldn't go on with 5 batteries...I probably could have forced it, but with no 5 cell LA's, it would be useless...hence, why i said it fitted 4-3/4 CR123's. If I could find a spacer, I'd be VERY temted to try it...a (mostly) Nitrolon M4...maybe the "MN4-BK" ???...now that would ROCK!!!:rock: