Leatherman LGX200 is a Fenix rebrand...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ran into this light as a bundle pack at Costco, with a Leatherman Blast multi-tool (good tool, BTW). Item# 831076

The LGX-200 appears to be a re-badged Fenix (or from the same factory?), as the electronic appear the same, the parts are interchangeable, etc.

Cool factor, though, is that it's only a two-mode light running a AA to a Cree LED via a "tactical" clickie switch. Low mode is accessed by turning the bezel. No SOS, no strobe, etc. So far, it works fine with AA's and 14500 cells.

It's nice to use a light that doesn't have an overly complicated user interface.

-dan

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
Ran into this light as a bundle pack at Costco, with a Leatherman Blast multi-tool (good tool, BTW). Item# 831076

The LGX-200 appears to be a re-badged Fenix (or from the same factory?), as the electronic appear the same, the parts are interchangeable, etc.

Cool factor, though, is that it's only a two-mode light running a AA to a Cree LED via a "tactical" clickie switch. Low mode is accessed by turning the bezel. No SOS, no strobe, etc. So far, it works fine with AA's and 14500 cells.

It's nice to use a light that doesn't have an overly complicated user interface.

-dan

Wow great info man. A brick and mortar fenix! Can you post some pictures?

carrot

Flashaholic
It's not an L1T?

I'm glad Leatherman is making the effort to bring better lights to the general consumer. Higher production volumes for key parts like LED's and better consumer awareness can only benefit us.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not an L1T?

I'm glad Leatherman is making the effort to bring better lights to the general consumer. Higher production volumes for key parts like LED's and better consumer awareness can only benefit us.

Crap, got confused. Definitely an L1T

-dan

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Definitely looks like a rebranded L1T V2.0, which is $48.50 at 4sevens. $50 is a good price for both the light and the multitool.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Saw this at Costco, too. It was sooo difficult to resist another multi-tool and flashlight.

:sigh:

Gatsby

Enlightened
Unfortunately they don't have this package in Charlotte - just called and they said it's a new item and only in west coast stores - they don't have any on order in Charlotte but that changes all the time... I'll have to keep my eyes open!.

It's a heck of a deal and I've been wanting an extra locking tool leatherman and an L1T v2.0 so I'm pretty excited about this one - hope they get them in....

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting about this combo pack. I was trying to figure out what light to buy for my brother in law who's going through the police academy. With shipping, I could have paid the same price for just the light. Now he'll have a good leatherman for Christmas too. I figured he would be supplied with a duty light and didn't know what standards are in place limiting his options. I figured a bright backup two stage light would be best. I thought a low for writing tickets and a high to back up his duty light would be best. I also wanted it to use AAs so he could afford to use it. It should work great for what he needs.

DaveG

Enlightened
Unfortunately they don't have this package in Charlotte - just called and they said it's a new item and only in west coast stores - they don't have any on order in Charlotte but that changes all the time... I'll have to keep my eyes open!.

It's a heck of a deal and I've been wanting an extra locking tool leatherman and an L1T v2.0 so I'm pretty excited about this one - hope they get them in....
I got the same story last year when looking for the stainless LM 3-aaa light,only west coast but they showed up in CT. about a month later.This combo pack is in local CT. Costo stores now,you may get them soon.

1996alnl

Enlightened
Wow , i gotta check my local Costco.This would make a great Xmas gift.

Take care

ledpimp

Newly Enlightened
I find costco so hit and miss with products. Some stores will have em some won't.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I checked the kit out today at Woodland's Costco. Description on back says that the LGX200 is "hard anodized".

Bill

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have 'em here in central tx. Great light, the tool doesn't seem as well made as my old 1st gen Wave but obviously the price reflects that. (the metal seems stamped steel, not sure if the Wave's is as well but it seems beefier and more solid).

The 3aaa Leatherman Monarch light is awesome as well. I had two, gave them both away, and bought another. Great deal for $25. Slightly OT comment, sorry.

squareone

Newly Enlightened
This was a great combo! The light is awesome and so is the tool. Im using them both for my bug out bag