Tri-Quad SSC P7 wiring???

Officer Thompson

Newly Enlightened
I seen that people have built tri and quad SSC P7 flashlights and I was wondering how you would go about wiring them? Is there a thread on the wiring. I have found wiring thread for single SSC P7, but none with more then one. If anyone knows of a thread or knows how to do it I would like to know how you did it. Thanks

irv_usc

Enlightened
i believe the best way to run them is in series. there is too much variance between them to wire them in parallel without some sort of resistor to even up the voltage drop across each.

but how will you power it? how will you heatsink it?

for a tri-p7
3.6+3.6+3.6 = 10.8v nominal is needed to power it. even direct driven this setup draws 30w.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
something like this

sfm6hsa.jpg

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Officer Thompson.

You might get more responses in the CPF Custom and Mods sub-forum.

Good Luck

Bill

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
i believe the best way to run them is in series. there is too much variance between them to wire them in parallel without some sort of resistor to even up the voltage drop across each.

In parallel, they will all have the same voltage. In series they would have different voltages based on their Vf vs I curve. Each P7 itself is 4 P4s in parallel with each die not being perfectly matched I think. I think series may be smarter though since you will reduce I^2*R losses versus a high-current, low voltage setup.