Duracell Daylite 160 lumens (Not Widely Available)

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
This is my favorite. I think it is handsome in its simplicity, and I like the "Copper Top".

Daylite%20160b.jpg

The Daylite 160 version (2CR-123's) Cannot be found in Walmarts, Targets, Home Depots or Lowes. They are currently sold only in a couple of places, Ace Hardware being the well known place to get them. (It is currently $32.99 plus shipping) Even at an Ace brick & morter they most likely would have to order them. The reason is that Duracell makes two 80 lumens models for Walmart, and just about all of Duracell's production capacity is currently going toward filling Wallmart's inventory. (You will have no problem finding the 80 lumens 2AA and 3AAA models, they are on Walmart shelves everywhere.) The Duracell person I spoke to says that Walmart decided NOT to take the 160 model, but didn't say why. ($10 more than the 80 models)

Anyway, I took pics from my 2nd story back porch to my shed (Exactly 66 ft. away) , comparing the Daylite 160 to my Mag 2D. Although both beams were focused on the center of the shed, I was impressed with the spill of the Daylite, Which went to the end of the neighbors fence, (~ 164 feet) shed, and side of house.

Mag%202D.JPG

Mag 2D

Daylite%20160.JPG

Daylite 160

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I've seen that light at walmart. Even more current gen LED lights at normal stores!

Thanks for the pictures and the beamshots but the rules do say that pictures have to be 800x600 or less.

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
OOps, sorry about the pic size, still a newb. Thanks for the info.

I also have one of the 2AA versions they sell at Walmart. They look exactly the same, except the CR123 version is about an inch shorter. I don't know why you would see that version at a Walmart since they don't sell them there according to Duracell...

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's probably not the exact same model. I don't recall which one it was but I saw a similar light at Walmart.

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
BTW, these are 4watt LEDs, reportedly made by Seoul Semiconductor.

lumenal

Enlightened
I've seen the 2xAA and the 3xAAA Duracell Daylite lights at various stores, including Wal*Mart, but have yet to see the 2x123A model anywhere.

One place had the 3xAAA priced at $6 more than the 2xAA, like $32-$33, :huh2:

HitecDrftr - how well does that focusing system work?

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm. My 2AA model seems to focus tighter than the 2x123A, Don't know why that would be. "Well", is a relative term. They are not as adjustable as the Mag 2d, but it's a noticeable difference from spot to flood. It's a 3:1 ratio.

There are only like 4 or 5 places on the whole internet that carry this model. This is where they were the cheapest ($32.99), but they are sold out now:

https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(muiwtxzxf4tsobel0j3plwva)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=998023155

This is the cheapest place now at $36.99 + shipping:

http://www.nothingbuthardware.com/801860.html

Last edited:

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
Reverse. Not a lot of bells and whistles. No multiple modes. Plastic window.

I will say that it Doesn't get hot (Except when I put a dremmeled "Minute Maid" lid on as a lens cover and left it on accidently.)

Batteries lasted from 2nd week in August until Monday of this week. (Does not appear to be regulated, but not sure on that. It got noticeably dimmer, but didn't die before I swapped batteries.) I have played with it every day since Mid August.

2 nice things about the Daylite series are that they come with batteries (even this 2x123A model) and a lifetime guarantee. Being a noob, I don't know how important that is to this forum, but as a consumer I think it's great when you get something that works without having to buy extras. It's like when I buy a printer & have to buy the usb cable separately. It's like they're saying, "Oh, you actually wanted to USE it after you buy it... That'll be extra." Really burns me up...

Last edited:

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I acutally emailed Duracell, and they say the 2AA and CR123 are regulated, while the 3AAA is not regulated.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were mentioned here and people who has them didn't like them much. Also for the price I'd rather get something else like, I duno, fenix.

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
Well I liked it!:candle:

If you've been following the Home Depot, Husky 200 lumens thread, you have to know that people here love the output from that light, Did you miss the comparison I did of that light versus the Daylite? It's here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212205

For its size, I think it puts out a very nice, even white light, but you be the judge.

For a well built, light weight, good looking, not widely available torch that slips into my pocket for less than $40.00, has a long battery life and lifetime Guarantee, I think I will manage (for now) without one of those fancy Fenix's you speak of.:ironic: My brother owns 4 or 5 Surefires. I guess I'll have to coax him to visit for an evening so the Daylite can gain some respectability around here.

BTW, The 160 lumens version is not available in Canada. Where did your people see them?:popcorn:

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
its funny how you see the testimonials on their site.
those people should handle some fenixes or something.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix e20 is $35 from fenix store. I don't know if 160 is avaliable here or not because I never looked for them.

Well I liked it!:candle:

If you've been following the Home Depot, Husky 200 lumens thread, you have to know that people here love the output from that light, Did you miss the comparison I did of that light versus the Daylite? It's here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212205

For its size, I think it puts out a very nice, even white light, but you be the judge.

For a well built, light weight, good looking, not widely available torch that slips into my pocket for less than $40.00, has a long battery life and lifetime Guarantee, I think I will manage (for now) without one of those fancy Fenix's you speak of.:ironic: My brother owns 4 or 5 Surefires. I guess I'll have to coax him to visit for an evening so the Daylite can gain some respectability around here.

BTW, The 160 lumens version is not available in Canada. Where did your people see them?:popcorn:

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened

zip22

Newly Enlightened
To be fair, fenix-store.com offer a "no questions asked lifetime warranty"

*** March 13, 2008 *** Fenix Product Warranty
Introducing the new http://www.fenixstore.com/ exclusive warranty: NO QUESTIONS ASKED LIFETIME WARRANTY
We have a new policy for all Fenix brand products. We are so
confident in these flashlights that we are now upgrading all Fenix
lights purchased past, present, and future to an unconditional
lifetime warranty.
We will repair or replace any Fenix lights purchased from
http://www.fenix-store.com/. Simply go through our "contact us"
link to initiate the RMA process. Your light will be return fully
functional. The exterior finish is not covered as this is cosmetic
and does not affect the function. If your model is discontinued,
we may issue you store credit or offer you a newer model of
equal or greater value. We reserve the right to issue a
refund in lieu of a replacement.
The only requirements are:
1) A Fenix brand product purchased from http://www.fenix-store.com/
2) You must supply proof of purchase. An order number
that matches your contact information is sufficient.
3) You must got through the standard RMA process where we
will try to diagnose your problem before asking you to send it in.
https://www.fenix-store.com/information.php?info_id=5

Rat6P

Enlightened
:laughing:
to be fair?
why?
was someone being unfair?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears the CR123 is back in stock at ACE.

Are these waterproof?