E1B finish quality

nohcho

Newly Enlightened
I am sorry if this is a repost, or somebody already posted. Anyhow i am on my third E1B Backup, and thing is the anodized finish on the body (close to tailcap) has to big dings (lost color) and the flashlight is only 2 days old, and i had exact same thing with previous two. I have 6p and bunch of other surefires, and they all are supreme quality. Now my question is are you guys, owners of E1b, experiencing poor quality or is it just me. I mean when you pay 110 bux for a light you are entitled to quality product. At this point i just want to return it and buy the Ra or something.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
Got mine when they first came out, zero problems with fit or finish. :shrug:

I'm sure you can return it if you're not happy.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I had a similar prob about a week ago. I dropped it from a height of about 2 feet onto concrete, and it fell on the bezel. I wish it was the anodizing that just came off, but running my finger over it you can feel the dimples and rough bits.

rtt

Enlightened
No problems with mine, got it when they first became available. Carried in front pocket since I got it and it still shows no wear except for edges on clip.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Mine got all scratched up on the second day I had it. I had put it in the same pocket as my Nitecore D10 accidentally. The D10 is fine, the E1B looks like garbage. I don't know if it is the body or the ano, but one of them is not up to par.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Send it back to surefire and i am sure they will exchange it. They have awesome customer service.

nohcho

Newly Enlightened
Already returned mine, and getting Nitecore P D10, way better and half the price. (i am not trying to bash surefires, i own a bunch).

Force Attuned

Enlightened
I am sorry if this is a repost, or somebody already posted. Anyhow i am on my third E1B Backup, and thing is the anodized finish on the body (close to tailcap) has to big dings (lost color) and the flashlight is only 2 days old, and i had exact same thing with previous two. I have 6p and bunch of other surefires, and they all are supreme quality. Now my question is are you guys, owners of E1b, experiencing poor quality or is it just me. I mean when you pay 110 bux for a light you are entitled to quality product. At this point i just want to return it and buy the Ra or something.

I have the exact same thing on my E1B which I noticed when I took it out of the packaging : 2 small chips on the body end near the tailcap. I didn't worry too much about it though as I am pretty rough with mine anyway.

Love the light, I use it exactly as it was intended - as a backup light.

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the exact same thing on my E1B which I noticed when I took i tout of the packaging : 2 small chips on the body end near the tailcap. I didn't worry too much about it though as I am pretty rough with mine anyway.

Love the light, I use it exactly as it was intended - as a backup light.

I noticed a small chip on my E1B even before opening the packaging. Fortunately, I bought the light locally, and before leaving the parking lot with the light, returned to the store to get another one. The second light was ultimately returned because I didn't like the interface. I didn't own it long enough to see if the finish held up. It doesn't say much that the flashlight's finish gets damaged within its plastic packaging during shipment, assuming of course, that it was perfect before being packaged..

Zen|th

Newly Enlightened
Mine got scratched even when i dropped it on the table at 2 inches high(experimenting)
rolleye11.gif
.. It has a few scratches here and there.. Is that

normal too? The bezel was sort of dented when it got knocked on the wall softly! I don think that an E1B is that soft right?

IcantC

Enlightened
My head/bezel was showing some marks. But mine was after being EDC'ed.

Right now sent it back to SF since I was unhappy with the beam color(purpleish). Waiting for a replacement head/