INTERESTING FIND!

mhubble

Enlightened
Found these at the "SPORTSMAN WAREHOUSE" today. I had never seen split rings shaped like these. Should work well on small lights for an attachment point. They are about 0.30 long, by 0.20 wide. Less than 2.00 USD for 20.

1003456wy3.jpg

1003459uu6.jpg

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find! I'll have to keep my eye's peeled...they'd also be great for my plethora of other micro-gear!

theforester

Newly Enlightened
Good find mhubble! I've certainly never seen anything like those before, they look like miniature carabiners. Might come in handy, thanks for the info.

skillet

Enlightened
I stopped in a Sportsman Wharehouse a few month ago looking for "oblong" split rings and they didn't have anything but round ones here in KY.. I'll have to check them out again next time in Lexington..

I have modified all my round split rings to oblong with pliers.. I find it keeps my lanyard attachment string from hanging in the "ring ends" and getting frayed.

That is a good find...

Gordon

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Google the name Excalibur Teardrop on the old innerweb and you will find them as well and beefy fishing line swivels are a great addition to keep your split rings from binding against each other if you pocket carry your EDC on your key ring.

Thanks for the tip and the solution that I have been looking for!!