I just returned my Fenix LD10

Kabuse

Newly Enlightened
Today, I received my Fenix LD10, but my fun with it faded rather quickly. :sigh:

After playing around with it, I noticed that the beam has a really ugly dark ring in it. I think, this results from vertical misalignment of LED and reflector. But not enough with that, the LED was also not centered correctly, so the dark ring was more like a dark egg. It was really the worst beam, I've ever seen. :thumbsdow

The box says out very loudly "newly designed reflector" and "outstanding beamshot". So, maybe it wouldn't matter in the daily use, but I really wonder, how many of you would have kept the light and how many of you would have returned it. As a flashoholic you can not accept this, aren't you? :shakehead

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't settle for a beam that bad. But I think you got an oddball. If it was really that bad, you probably could have gotten a replacement.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I returned a light to the Fenix Store once because it had a dark crescent around the hotspot. IMO if you pay good money for something then do not settle if it is not as advertised.

LightKnife

Newly Enlightened
Yah i would't settle for less. Too bad you are out for the postage.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you should stop hunting white walls, and try it in the real world.

:welcome:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
ttiwwop1205171688.gif

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Maybe you should stop hunting white walls, and try it in the real world.

I have an e-Gear 2xCR123 light with a dark spot in one portion of the hotspot. My Pelican 3330 has a donut hole. And my recently aquired Dereelight CL1H V4 has a dark ring that seperates the hotspot from the side spill, and that's with the OP reflector installed....

Every imperfection described above is clearly visible when I use the lights outdoors, at work.

(Thankfully the Dereelight came with a smooth reflector as well. If I have to put up with a dark ring, I might as well get plenty of extra throw with that).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well... my lights don´t. :shrug:

All of them have a perfect beam.

You've been fortunate. Actually, I have too. Most of my lights have perfect beams. But the ones that don't, the imperfections can be seen during real world use.

Bonky

Banned
well if it bothers you enough to return it, then I think you did the right thing. Any time you're spending more than the average person would on an item, I think you deserve to get an item that makes you very happy with it.

I do wish you'd taken some beam shots before returning it though. Or even some shots of the emitter/reflector.

:mecry: